Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the opertunity to buy a large number of special key blanks...they are gold with a special logo for each model...I am told they are not being produced any longer....

Anyone interested....The only ones that are gone in this inventory are the double sided 67 and newer Mustang keys...There are however Ford logo keys and Lincoln, Merc, and Tbird and 64.5 - 66 Mustang keys...

The logos are color and very cool...How much should they be priced at....I wish to sell them and donate 1/2 the proceeds to VMF.....

Any takers? Any ideas on the value? they look like something from the 70s...Gold keys with the model logo in a round medalion at the top...Real pretty!!!!

Mel :: :: :: ::

·
Registered
710 Posts
What I would do is apply the math--If you can buy 500 keys at 1 dollar each then if I were you I would sell them at 2.25 each--Heres my reasoning--You've outlayed 500 dollars--If you sell all the keys at 2.25, you can recoup your original 500, give Bob 500 and make 225 for your trouble--Of course prices will change on your amount of original outlay--I would love 2 sets for a 73 and at least 1 set for a 66--I don't think any one would mind if you made a few bucks to compensate for your time--You'll be running to the post office or UPS and should be compensated--That's my $.02

·
Registered
3,884 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It seems that there is interest...I will make contact, get firm prices and pics and then repost...

May be able to get some real nice keys to people...If anyone knows of people with other older cars just ask about the blanks...I saw some Mopar and GM blanks too...let me know...I will buy all the blanks if I can get a good price...

Mel

·
Administrator
19,498 Posts
If any 68s show up, I'd buy a couple.

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
i'd like to have a few sets for a 70" got and for a 70 cougar? or are the same as mustang? thanks jace

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
I'd be interested in 2 sets (66)
jim*

1 - 14 of 14 Posts