Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings all,

I just purchased these used because they were local (And switching to a Sniper, I now need to move the PCV, etc, etc, etc).

I can't seem to find any sort of valve covers that show Ford Motorsports on them (They are just standard tall covers. I was looking for the Finned ones, but then these came up (Although I paid too much) and I figured tall ones can't hurt). The seller claimed they were "old school". hah

Any information or have seen them before? I can't even find a Google picture. They seem very thick, so I don't think they are 2015 Chinese covers or anything.

·
Dimples
5,668 Posts
They are old school! (and so are we, lol)

Ford hasn't used the Motorsport brand in almost 20 years, I think. It's been Ford Racing for a long time now. I have an old Ford Motorsport air cleaner on mine.

I've definitely seen those before and they look authentic to me. Check out this image of the cover of the 1999 Ford Motorsport catalog:

·
Registered
12,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hah! Thanks, where did you come up with that cover on the fly? I couldn't find a picture for the life of me.

·
Registered
12,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
As mentioned, I wanted the finned! But these were local. hah

Now, the odd thing is the grommet doesn't seem to be the normal Ford 1.22 hole.. Seems larger. I ordered some 1.375 grommets from Summit. I guess we will see?

·
Premium Member
376 Posts
When the valve covers were new out of the box, you had to make your own holes for oil fill/pcv grommet. So probably varied by application.

Rusty

·
Registered
12,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Gah! Well that explains it.. (They are also on the rear, whereas I wanted the fill on the passenger front and the pcv on the drivers rear). Anyways, doesn't matter now! hah

1 - 9 of 9 Posts