Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

So I ordered a pair of sport mirrors for our '70 fastback mustang. But I'm not quite sure why the adjustment cable on the passender side is 3x as long as the LH side. Any ideas?
My guess would be that the adjustment cable has to be routed from the door to the driver side since the driver is supposed to be the one adjusting it, but I'm not sure.

·
Registered
3,629 Posts
To the best of my knowledge, and I could be wrong, the passenger mirror was always a manual adjustment. That is, fingers on the glass and push. A quick search shows that the 76-79 Mustangs, Torino, Cougar might have had a remote passenger side adjustable mirror.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have attached a photo of the mirrors. It indeed seems to be hobbied on so good to know that it is not original. But since it works quite well we will most likely install them anyway! Thanks guys

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
It doesn’t look long enough to travel across the car. You may be locating that right hand control under dash or in a console.

·
Registered
9,840 Posts
Granadas had the RH remote sport mirror. What's the casting # on the base of your mirrors?

The RH remote was located to the right of the steering column in those cars.

·
Registered
215 Posts
The mirrors look correct but the gaskets do not. Look on inside of the bottom base to see if there is a Ford engineering number cast into it ? This could tell you the intended application, If no number probably aftermarket. Either way you will want to use rivit nuts/ crush nut for your installation

·
Registered
1969 Ford Mustang Convertible, 351W, 2bl, FMX
6 Posts
The mirrors look correct but the gaskets do not. Look on inside of the bottom base to see if there is a Ford engineering number cast into it ? This could tell you the intended application, If no number probably aftermarket. Either way you will want to use rivit nuts/ crush nut for your installation

View attachment 750068
These fasteners are called Rivnuts. My company in Indiana manufactures them. We are one of the few US manufacturers of this product. Most of our competition is located in Taiwan. You will want to find a Rivnut that has the "grip range" of the thickness of the material you are installing it into. We make both ANSI and metric.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts