Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
5,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is probably the strangest Mustang-related question I've asked yet....

I have the original "Q for Quality" warranty card issued to the original owner, but it's come apart. I have the plastic base and the metal plate that basically duplicates the data plate information.

My question is this: There appears to be two (horizontal) strips of yellowed, failed adhesive. Where did the data plate go? Was there some other information on the card as well that belonged to the other strip?

If anyone has a good photo of the complete card, that would also be helpful.

Thanks,

Steve

·
Administrator
19,514 Posts
I can take a photo of my 68 card tonight and send it to you. Not sure if it's different or not, but probably not.

·
Administrator
19,514 Posts
I should have mentioned that there is only the one plate that sticks on the plastic card. Mine had two strips of adhesive, too. The Arizona heat dried it out a couple of years ago and I had to reattach mine.

·
Banned
5,578 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This piece of info and the photo are appreciated, Laurie!

Thanks,

Steve

·
Administrator
19,514 Posts
Rats! I just got my digital camera out and the batteries went dead before I could get the photo. I have them charging now but probably won't be able to get a photo for you until tomorrow.

G

·
Can you send me a copy of the picture you took too? I'm curious to see what they looked like. The oldest i've seen was for a 73 Mav.

·
Administrator
19,514 Posts
I'll just go ahead and make a new post tonight with the picture in it. The batteries didn't charge up until almost 10 pm last night, but I'm ready now. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

1 - 7 of 7 Posts