Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone dealt with Ford Powertrain Applications in Puyallup? I saw an article on their headers on FordMuscle, and e-mailed them. They say they've got the perfect setup for my car. Just wondering if anyone had any experience or knowledge of them?

Thanks,
Greg

·
Premium Member
2,511 Posts
Just don't forget your wallet!! ;)

·
Premium Member
3,637 Posts
FPA has great stuff! Not Cheap, but worth the $$$ IMO.

Stan used my FB and 347 Stroker as mock-up/testbead for his 347 Stroker Headers. :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
I have a set on my Mach 1. The fit and finish is second to none. They also tuck up under the body better than any other set of long tube headers I've ever seen. There isn't quite as much room as I'd like for the clutch linkage, but I don't think any other header manufacturer does this any better, and most are probably worse. You also have to use a drop bracket for the power steering ram, but, again, I think you have to use these for any set of long tube headers. They weren't cheap, but if don't want to compromise, they're the way to go.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the feedback. I didn't think his prices were that out of line, for what he says he can do. I was more curious if he could do what he said! Based on this input, I think that's the route I'm going to go. I don't have to worry about power steering ram (driving should be a good upper body workout, as well as a cardio workout, don't you think?) ;) , and since I'm going cable clutch, I don't think that will be a problem either.

Stroked66: I was wondering if that was the guy you were talking about last year that was using your car for the mockup. If it wasn't, I was going to ask you who did yours. Did you end up with long tubes?

BTW, I blatantly stole your idea of painting the inset on the valve covers to match the car. I hope you accept imitation as flattery! I thought it looked great on yours, and it looks pretty sweet on mine too! I've also got the grooved billet aluminum wire looms that I've painted the grooves in, and my upper intake has a small groove around the top, that will also receive the paint treatment once I'm done polishing and buffing.

·
Premium Member
3,637 Posts
Husky44 said:
Stroked66: I was wondering if that was the guy you were talking about last year that was using your car for the mockup. If it wasn't, I was going to ask you who did yours. Did you end up with long tubes?
Yep he was the guy. You're likeley considering the headers he fabbed from my car (Only Long Tubes I know of that will accommodate a cable clutch) ;)

Husky44 said:
BTW, I blatantly stole your idea of painting the inset on the valve covers to match the car. I hope you accept imitation as flattery! I thought it looked great on yours, and it looks pretty sweet on mine too! I've also got the grooved billet aluminum wire looms that I've painted the grooves in, and my upper intake has a small groove around the top, that will also receive the paint treatment once I'm done polishing and buffing.
Glad I could help with the creative juices, sounds cool! :thumbup: :thumbup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts