Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have come across a 61 Ford pickup that has a good body and recently restored interior for an ridiculously low price. I have motor and tranny for it but need to know if anyone on here knows about changing out the steering columns on such a beast to a later model tilt column with A/T. If you know what will fit or can point me to a site that has the info I would appreciate it. Thanks.

·
Gone but never forgetten
25,239 Posts
I don't know what all he had to do, but I just saw a '57 Ford truck a couple weeks ago, at a show I was at, that had a tilt steering wheel in it, with an Oldsmobile logo on the steering wheel. I about fell over backwards. I never found the owner, though, to quiz him about it.

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
Hey, my 14yr old son has recently purchased a 56 (gasp) chevy 3100 stepside pickup (beautiful truck no motor or tranny yet, was set up for a 350. Hmmm, maybe I could get a 427 in there?)...anyway I'm wandering again, wife says I need to up my meds. lol. It has a tilt column and I think the guy got it out of a restoration truck magazine. there's a zillion of them on the net. I think one of them is called Brothers and another for chevys is called Americanclassictruckparts Look like the conversion kits for the chevys is about 150 or so, hope the ford sites has something for a conversion for you. Good luck.

·
Registered
336 Posts
i don't know if this will help or not. if in general curiosity go check out www.fordtrucks.com. I use the site myself for my project F-150. the older truck forums there are great!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts