Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
My guess is nobody wants to make a lowball offer . Those starters can be purchased new for $50-125
depending on quality and where they are made .

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My guess is nobody wants to make a lowball offer . Those starters can be purchased new for $50-125
depending on quality and where they are made .
Not this one. Click the link to see how much it was brand new. This starter shouldnt be compared to off brand entry level starters. You get what you pay for.

·
Registered
3,695 Posts
No argument on quality . Just my opinion on why nobody had made an offer .

·
Registered
671 Posts
Please verify the actual part #. The M-11000-B51is correct for early automatic and 157 tooth flywheel manual transmissions. It is the most commonly used starter for our cars.

If the part # is indeed M-11000-MT164, its only for the old style 164 tooth flywheel manual transmission (irregardless of what is seen in Summit's inaccurate description.) I know as I have one that I got from Summit for my 164 tooth flywheel.

It it is part # M-11000-MT164, I'd offer $150 shipped as it will be a backup to the one I already have.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Exactly why ! But here goes, I'll offer 50% of retail, $135 shipped.
50% retail doesnt apply to new parts. I priced is at 220 obo which is already a reduction from 270 plus its or best offer. The starter is 270 new from summit not counting tax or shipping if you end up having to pay those. Not always but sometimes. Ill pass on your offer.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Please verify the actual part #. The M-11000-B51is correct for early automatic and 157 tooth flywheel manual transmissions. It is the most commonly used starter for our cars.

If the part # is indeed M-11000-MT164, its only for the old style 164 tooth flywheel manual transmission (irregardless of what is seen in Summit's inaccurate description.) I know as I have one that I got from Summit for my 164 tooth flywheel.

It it is part # M-11000-MT164, I'd offer $150 shipped as it will be a backup to the one I already have.
The part number is M-11000-MT164 . Ill pass on 150 shipped.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Ok I know I am going to get flamed on this one but here it goes. First off Ford Racing does not build any of their products. All they do is buy from other venders and package under their name. Is this starter any better than some of the others on the market? No it is not. Just because it says Ford racing on the package it does not make it any better than the ones that come down the line that are not bought from Ford Racing. If someone buys a Ford Racing part and thinks it is better so be it.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts