Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found some small block Ford Racing products shorty headers on craigslist for a reasonable price. Does anyone know if they will fit my 69 convertible with a 302? I have an AOD and the unisteer power rack and pinion steering.

Thanks,
Kevin

·
Registered
8,138 Posts
Not with the shock towers in place. Are they Fox body headers? Be careful shopping for header with the Unisteer. Go to their webpage and see what headers WON'T fit. I think you are good with the JBA headers. But they are not cheap.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I am pretty sure they are fox body headers. Any idea where on their website to find the header fitment info? I feel like an idiot, but I have been everywhere on the site and haven't been able to find it.

·
Registered
9,212 Posts
No idea on a site with fitment data.....
I'm an ex-JBA employee though and to my knowledge none
of the Fox body shortie type headers will fit vintage stangs.
That's why we prototyped a shortie back in '89 on a '66 GT.

·
Registered
8,138 Posts
Thanks. I am pretty sure they are fox body headers. Any idea where on their website to find the header fitment info? I feel like an idiot, but I have been everywhere on the site and haven't been able to find it.
All headers are made specifically for the car/engine they are going to be used in. Your best bet is to search the brands you like the best, and go to their website and look at their cross reference charts.
As far as what FRPP sells, they offer only headers for Fox body, SN95 with the 5.0 ('94-'95) and newer models. The only difference between Fox and SN95 5.0's is the bung on the passenger header for the EGR riser. Now you can get them in stainless, stainless with ceramic coatings too.
Since I'm removing my towers for R&C MII suspension, I can run any Fox headers I want to.
Since the headers you found locally won't work with your set up, can you PM me the C/L link so I can check them out?

·
Registered
236 Posts
All headers are made specifically for the car/engine they are going to be used in. Your best bet is to search the brands you like the best, and go to their website and look at their cross reference charts.
As far as what FRPP sells, they offer only headers for Fox body, SN95 with the 5.0 ('94-'95) and newer models. The only difference between Fox and SN95 5.0's is the bung on the passenger header for the EGR riser. Now you can get them in stainless, stainless with ceramic coatings too.
Since I'm removing my towers for R&C MII suspension, I can run any Fox headers I want to.
Since the headers you found locally won't work with your set up, can you PM me the C/L link so I can check them out?
Really??? I was going to put FPAs into my 66 with the R&C front end. I figured that would give me the best shot to clear the 4R70W. I'd like to go with a set of long tubes, you saying I long tube fox headers? It really opens the options for a great set of performance headers.

·
Registered
8,138 Posts
Really??? I was going to put FPAs into my 66 with the R&C front end. I figured that would give me the best shot to clear the 4R70W. I'd like to go with a set of long tubes, you saying I long tube fox headers? It really opens the options for a great set of performance headers.
Give R&C a call. They told me they use Fox body headers on their installs all the time. They did not mention long tubes though. And I do know some long tubes are transmission specific. Check into that too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts