Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found a 65/6 Ford tooling fender for $250 , price seems a good deal . Question is how to identify as actual Ford tooling if it is not in the wrapping ? Is there supposed to be a stamping # or a production decal/tag ?

Mike

·
Registered
5,093 Posts
I can't recall any numbers but there should be a ford sticker on the back side of the fender. if it wasn't there then i would worry about it being an aftermarket fender.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I have purchased two new Ford Tooling Fenders from a vendor and rec'd then in the "Ford tooling", made in the USA box. There was no sticker on the fenders. Also, no other marks that make it obvious. To me anyway. Might just want to bite the bullet and buy from a trusted vendor. May be worth the peice of mind.

Or ask the seller where he got it and if he has a receipt.

Good luck.

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
When I ordered mine, they came in the FORD Box, but no markings on the fenders themselves. But if it is, it will fit damn near perfect. However, if you can't 'try it on', as mentioned, just buy new.

·
Registered
5,093 Posts
When the parts could be still bought from Ford they would have had a sticker on them. I guess this is no longer the case since they are not sold by Ford?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts