Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My buddy, whom is restoring his 55 chevy post, is roughly in the same phase with his car as I am with mine. We were watching the city fireworks display last night and talking about where we are at with our projects. Since he just sold his VW rabbit vert at the local car show yesterday, he was flush with money and can't decide on a crate motor or rebuild. Well, I just blew $850 on resto goodies myself. (brag, brag) So this goes on....restoration talk, talk, talk. He thinks he'll have his 55 rolling in about a year and a half. Far enough along to drive. I'm thinking about 2 years for mine.....but with enough $$$$ I could reduce the rolling time to about a year and a half, maybe. So the race is on! Get out your credit cards and empty wallets!!! It's Ford VS Chebby at the Jackstand Nationals! /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif Watch out for angry SWMBO's in turn two......

Problem with jackstand starts...save a little, spend a little, save a little, spend a little. Man you are hoppin all over the place!!!!

·
Administrator
19,319 Posts
I have a relaxed competition with a buddy's 69 Z28. It's been on stands 9 years now, my Mustang 5. He recently decided his 3 year old paint job (never been out of the garage) had too much orange peel and is having it repainted. I may beat him yet. On the other hand it may be that neither car will EVER get of it's garage.

·
Registered
518 Posts
I have the same situation (sort of) at the shop where I am restoring my coupe. The "competition" is with a 68 camaro. It's the one in the background in the picture below. The camaro is way ahead though as the shop owner and I just want it to be finished and out of there. He's tired of working on it (for several reasons) and I am tired of looking at it. /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif. Not really. It's going to be a beautiful car.

However, after reading your post, I may have a chance against you. /forums/images/icons/wink.gif. My problem is I have the $$$$$ but not the time. Plus I have several decisions to make yet which is holding me up on purchases. /forums/images/icons/frown.gif I may pass you in turn two but you will probably get me on the back straight away.

·
Registered
4,082 Posts
I'm still in the middle of restomoddin' my son's 68 Mustang. Got the primer on just one hour ago. There's also a 67 Plymouth Belverdere sitting in the backyard waiting for paint. That's the reason I'm not posting as often. I'm also wondering which one will win. I'm betting on the Ford /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You guys better watch it!!/forums/images/icons/shocked.gif Just picked up the engine today. Accumulating parts rapidly!!! Am broke now.....hehe. Carl. You need to update your sig pic to back up your battle claims, hehe. Still looking like a Shell-by to me. LOL. Start clicking with that new digital camera you have in your back pocket!/forums/images/icons/laugh.gif My little sig pic model is the sign of things to come.......in five years../forums/images/icons/tongue.gif

·
Premium Member
3,651 Posts
Jackstand Nationals.....Man I love it hear! I have had a 69 Camaro for 17 years now, its a gorgous car, but I have only put a couple hundred miles on it. I just rather drive a Ford than be seen in a Chevy once in a blue moon.

·
Registered
532 Posts
LMAO!

I have the same race going, But its between my wife, and I. Oh, and I am doing the work on bolth cars. Got the 70 coupe all torn down, just wating for time to weld on all the panels. And I got my LTD convertible waiting for some much needed work. Its neck, and neck now. The cope will be done first, becouse its her's but the LTD's a driver now, so there is less to do.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts