Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
8,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
FORD VS. FERRARI Film Nov. 2019

Check out the NEW Film Trailer! Matt Damon as Carrol Shelby and Christian Bale as Ken Miles....

Enjoy!

PS: Already found one screw up... They show a scene at :31 Seconds with a Cobra in the background.... It's wearing 19"-20" Modern Aluminum wheels!

But, Who cares....Enjoy it anyway!!

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
That's the BEST thing I saw all night / morning !!

·
Registered
271 Posts
Definitely will go see this...not sure Matt Damon really sells as Shelby....but as NEFaurora says....."who cares"..!

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
Wife and I are investors in local theater....DEFINITELY be using some of my free passes

·
Registered
247 Posts
I don't go watch many movies that I want to see...most of them are either kid or wife picks. BUT I already texted the wife this am and told her to plan on date night in Nov! lol

·
Registered
8,442 Posts
Matt Damon as CS? Musta been to get the ladies into the theater. Maybe Dax Shepard for that role.

·
Premium Member
5,617 Posts
Matt Damon as CS? Musta been to get the ladies into the theater.
Not as much of a stretch as Christian Bale as Ken Miles though. Miles was a victory lane mess. Big hook nose, badly crooked teeth, and a lantern jaw with a pointy chin.
(Looking forward to the movie, should be a fun watch.) :smile2:

Attachments

·
Dimples
3,511 Posts
Just downloaded audible book and started the listen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Strap in. It’s gonna be a fun ride.

The stuff on Shelby alone is incredible. Most people that know of him think of AC cobras and Mustangs, but in the same 18 month span, he did:

Cobra street and racing program
Shelby Mustang street and B Production Racing program
GT 40/Le Mans
Trans Am coupe (A Sedan) racing program
Cobra Daytona Racing program

I don’t know when the man slept. Frickin’ amazing.

Not to mention Henry Ford II, Enzo Ferrari, Ken Miles, Dan Gurney, Bruce McLaren, Phil Hill, Mario Andretti and a bunch more proper heroes and villains.

·
Registered
8,442 Posts
He had A LOT of help doing all that.

·
Registered
9,449 Posts
Not as much of a stretch as Christian Bale as Ken Miles though. Miles was a victory lane mess. Big hook nose, badly crooked teeth, and a lantern jaw with a pointy chin.
(Looking forward to the movie, should be a fun watch.) :smile2:
The sad fact is, women racers tend to be attractive. If they weren't nobody would be interested in giving them a chance. Men racers can fall anywhere in that spectrum. If a racer was not particularly attractive, we can't expect Hollywood to cast an unattractive actor to play him. Who's going to risk hundreds of millions of dollars to make that movie?

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
My Dad clearly remembers watching the GT40's going around Mosport in the mid 60's, with their brake discs glowing cherry red as the sun set. And he figured that if Shelby was getting 400hp out of their 289's, then 225 hp should allow the engine to live almost forever. So that was a good part of the reason he bought my Mustang GT with the A code 289.
I showed him the trailer earlier today, and the intent smile on his face as he saw HF 11 whimpering after Shelby raced him around in the GT40 was something I'll never forget. "Excellent" was all he quietly said. It's a rare movie that makes me still want to go see it at the theatre, but he and I have already made it a date for November.

·
Registered
218 Posts
I saw the preview in the theater during Avengers. Was totally blown away. Stoked to see this.

1 - 20 of 133 Posts