Vintage Mustang Forums banner

81 - 100 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
359 Posts
We’re also planning a guys night to see FvF, I can’t wait. Thank the lord my daughter has aged out of Frozen. After the first one she sang that song non-stop for about a year. I tried to give her away, but no one would take her.

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Thank the lord my daughter has aged out of Frozen. After the first one she sang that song non-stop for about a year. I tried to give her away, but no one would take her.
My daughter, now 36, has 5 girls 7 & under. #2 was the same as yours, belting out "LET IT GO" for months. A really great thing is the girls all call Mommy's Mustang "Mommy's Hot Rod".
That's the car she and I finished in 2001 to be her first car.
Old pic when there were just 3.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
My daughter, now 36, has 5 girls 7 & under. #2 was the same as yours, belting out "LET IT GO" for months. A really great thing is the girls all call Mommy's Mustang "Mommy's Hot Rod".

Super cool story! And dad!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
359 Posts
That is awesome! I love that you and your daughter worked on the car together. And now you have lots of little girls to teach! Enjoy!

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Just reached out to my local movie theatre....
Looks like we are going to have a gathering.....

Billy Watson at Classic Mustang here in HOUSTON has agreed to bring out his Cobra and some Shelbys...

Should be cool.
Hoping to hear back and confirm tomorrow.

Speaking of, we had lunch today.
He took his SHELBY.
I was in my beater coupe.
Ha!!

·
Registered
525 Posts
Dude, you’re missing your hood! :). Thanks for the clips.

Just reached out to my local movie theatre....
Looks like we are going to have a gathering.....

Billy Watson at Classic Mustang here in HOUSTON has agreed to bring out his Cobra and some Shelbys...

Should be cool.
Hoping to hear back and confirm tomorrow.

Speaking of, we had lunch today.
He took his SHELBY.
I was in my beater coupe.
Ha!!

https://youtu.be/JYK5d8OINxE

·
Registered
193 Posts

That looks like a popular place for old mustangs! Is that your ride in the background or just coincidence?

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
That looks like a popular place for old mustangs! Is that your ride in the background or just coincidence?
That pic is from the day we gave our oldest Granddaughter (it really belongs to all 5 of them now) her pedal car I made to match Mommy's. Car in the back of the pic is not mine. My daughter took her '66 and the pedal car to the Pismo Derelicts weekly Sat. morning cruise-in. We try to get out to the PD when we are down to visit them, it's a pretty good turn out.
Pismo Derelicts

A few years earlier we took the oldest son's '68 and the pedal car I made to match for his 4 boys. They also live near Pismo.

One of these days I want to get all 4 cars (6 including the pedal cars, 7 as soon as our youngest has kids and I make one to match his '67), My '65, daughter's '66, youngest son's 67 and oldest son's '68. And if I ever get the chance to buy back the 64 1/2 my wife used to drive...…

Attachments

·
Registered
2,747 Posts
Morphing back to the post topic for a moment, I read the book a while ago and it looks like the movie picks up after Ford goes to Shelby for help. That happened about half way through the book. It probably won't be in the movie so no spoiler, but the first engine put in the GT40 was a 260 with aluminum heads that pumped out 375 HP. The was not the OHC Indy 260, but a special pushrod version of the 260. What I was impressed by was that the GT40 would do 210 mph with this engine! Wow...the GT40 aerodynamics must really be very good! I know the car is lightweight, but still to be able to do 210 was unexpected.

Definitely read the book if you get a chance

·
Registered
477 Posts
Finally got around to watching the trailer. Last movie I saw in the theater was the 3D one about giant blue cat people saving the trees (avatar?) But, I may have to see this one.
As someone else commented, I hope they don't kill it with the CGI.
Some neat behind the scenes footage here.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Finally got around to watching the trailer. Last movie I saw in the theater was the 3D one about giant blue cat people saving the trees (avatar?) But, I may have to see this one.
Great video. Can’t wait to see it.

·
Registered
53 Posts
  • I watched a piece on CBS this morning and they said CGI was used sparingly they had a special camera rig built which could go up to 150 mph so that even green/blue screen shots were minimized. I don't get out much either, but this one may be worth it

81 - 100 of 133 Posts