Vintage Mustang Forums banner

121 - 133 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
917 Posts
FYI - A new documentary has been released on Netflix, it is called "Shelby American"

View attachment 737818

Thanks for posting this, and I highly recommend this! If you have not seen the Ford vs Ferrari movie, watch this Netflix show first up to the point where you see the first GT40s. Then go watch the movie in the theater, then finish this one.

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Just saw it with my son and SWMBO. Both loved it. Two big thumbs up from me of course, the 2 1/2 hours almost flew by. I am almost tempted to see it again... and I haven't done that since Star Wars first came out in '77.
My son is training to get his pilot license, close to being ready to solo, and he just howled laughing out loud at a particular aviation point in the movie (trying not give spoilers lol). He's still excited about the movie 2 days later.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Went to see it this past weekend with SWMBO, I think she enjoyed it as much as I did! Will most likely see it again with my brother this week. Even with the Hollywood dramatization and flare its a good movie/story.

After reading the various articles and seeing the movie, all I can say is Ken Miles a legend.

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
“Crank it up” aka Steve drove our mustangs up to the local drive in on Monday and both saw it again for the second time.

Great movie!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,144 Posts
Carroll Shelby taking the controls of a plane and "buzzing the tower" over the Mustang launch party. I've never heard of that happening, so it's probably made up just for the movie, but it was fun to watch.
Probably made up but plausible considering his flare for getting attention and his back ground as a flight instructor and flying experimental air craft. If he didn't do it, it was probably because it didn't occur to him...ha ha

·
Registered
186 Posts
Probably made up but plausible considering his flare for getting attention and his back ground as a flight instructor and flying experimental air craft. If he didn't do it, it was probably because it didn't occur to him...ha ha
There was quite a bit of drama that was fabricated for the film. "Based on a true story" tends to lean more on the "based" part than that the "true story" part.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Wife and I saw it a few weeks ago, good entertainment, not very accurate, but good entertainment.

I ordered the movie poster for the garage, it'll look good next to the Gone in 60 Seconds poster.

121 - 133 of 133 Posts