Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 89 Posts

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
I heard about this movie earlier in the year. I can't wait. I read the book that the movie is supposedly based on ("Go Like Hell: Ford, Ferrari, and Their Battle for Speed and Glory at Le Mans") and loved it.

The movie is scheduled to come out in June of 2019. Fingers crossed.

-Shannon

·
Dimples
3,516 Posts
I read the book that the movie is supposedly based on ("Go Like Hell: Ford, Ferrari, and Their Battle for Speed and Glory at Le Mans") and loved it.

-Shannon
I just read it a couple of weeks ago. I loved it too. It’s the kind of true story that’s too dramatic to make up.

The main characters are flawed heroes and titans of industry. Ken Miles, Dan Gurney, Bob Bondurant, Mario Andretti.

Not to mention the amazing work Shelby was doing in just a few short years. Seriously, almost all concurrently, Shelby was running...
-AC Cobra production and racing program
-Shelby GT350 street and B Production racing
-Shelby Daytona GT endurance program
-Trans Am A Sedan coupe program
-Ford GT40 racing program

It’s freakin amazing.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Just watched a documentary about this on Amazon Prime last night and then ordered the GLH book. I’ve read about it before, but the story is so interesting I can’t get enough. I read Iacocca’s biography over the summer and he really made Henry Ford sound like a dick. Apparently they wanted to name the Mustang something Italian but since Ford was seeing an Italian lady on the side, PR told them they had to rename it. So many interesting stories, I hope we can keep them alive as the folks who lived them pass on.

·
Registered
4,300 Posts
It's a really small sample size right now, but we're going to see it tomorrow night.

We also saw Midway last weekend. Wow. Go see that too. Seriously. Acting is OK, but the battle scenes are something to be seen.

Capture.JPG

·
Registered
228 Posts
Got matinee tickets for Sunday to go see it with my (30 year old) son. I was just amazed that when I went to reserve the seats, the theaters showed almost completely empty for every showing. The local MCC chapter is going later the same day, different theater, but... honestly, I've showed up at a few of their meetings and been completely ignored, so not feeling the urge to tag along then. Really looking forward to it. I remember seeing the cars in the 60s and thinking they were extremely cool, but at kindergarten age didn't really know anything about them. The GT40 was one of my favorites, along with -- of course -- the Lamborghini Miura.

·
Registered
9,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
It's a really small sample size right now, but we're going to see it tomorrow night.

We also saw Midway last weekend. Wow. Go see that too. Seriously. Acting is OK, but the battle scenes are something to be seen.

View attachment 737114
Planned on taking my Dad to see Midway but he's a bit under the weather at the moment

·
Registered
9,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Got matinee tickets for Sunday to go see it with my (30 year old) son. I was just amazed that when I went to reserve the seats, the theaters showed almost completely empty for every showing. The local MCC chapter is going later the same day, different theater, but... honestly, I've showed up at a few of their meetings and been completely ignored, so not feeling the urge to tag along then. Really looking forward to it. I remember seeing the cars in the 60s and thinking they were extremely cool, but at kindergarten age didn't really know anything about them. The GT40 was one of my favorites, along with -- of course -- the Lamborghini Miura.
Was somewhat concerned about getting a seat myself .a good sized Ford dealer is right across the street from the theater .might have been half a dozen people in watching the movie

·
Registered
228 Posts
I think we as a group might vastly overestimate the number of people who know or care anything about Le Mans, the GT40, Ferrari, Carrol Shelby, or anything else to do with cars or racing that doesn't include "drifting" or that Fast and Idiotic (sorry, "Furious") garbage.

And get off my lawn. :)

1 - 20 of 89 Posts