Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whether its intakes, cams, or even valve pan covers, why are Ford parts generally higher than Chevy. I guess the Chevy 350 (BLASPHEMY!) is the most produced motor around, but SB Ford's have to be close in the running too.....

The "kicker", or what started me thinkin' about this is today while getting the headers gaskets, I picked of a can of "Ford" blue engine block paint to touch up a few spots before the headers went on. The Ford 1601 (?) paint was $3.29, and the GM (blue) paint was $2.83....Go figure???

Dan
65 FASTBACK

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ford performance parts aren't in as much demand as Chevy parts; that goes for just about anywhere. Summit has 13 or 14 pages of chevy parts to every 1 page of Ford parts; my local auto parts stores are the same way. I can buy a Chevy performer intake & chevy headers right off the shelf, but have to order anything I want for ford. We're nearly the red-headed stepchild of performance parts (I think Mopar has that distinction, though - their parts are really hard to get).

Visit my repair page for Repair info, with pictures! http://home.dencity.com/mustangcub

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's because Chevy engines are easier to re-build(can use parts from any year 350 for any other year)and due to this there are a lot more parts available.
Juat be happy we aren't Mopar nuts, as those parts are like hens' teeth!

Was Bob Emmerich on old forum

·
Gone but never forgetten
25,239 Posts
It's a real bummer to walk into the local speed shop and see a half a store full of bow-tie parts, and one stinking aisle of Ford parts. Like you guys said, though, it's not as bad as Mopar parts. I used to own a '72 Charger 383 ... talk about lack of parts!

If you always do what you've always done,
You'll always get what you've always got

http://www.classic-mustang.net/johnpro

·
Registered
3,179 Posts
The make that started the Muscle car wars is vertually unknown today except for the Pontiac enthusiast.

And the beat goes on...

Dean T

Shikatta Ga Nai - "It cannot be helped"

1 - 5 of 5 Posts