Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1965 Wimbledon White 2+2, C-code, Auto
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked these up a couple years back and would love to put them on my ‘65, but they’re just too nice!

1. I want to show these off a bit. :cool:
2. Looking for some advice on their approx. value as I decide to keep or sell.

These are new, in original boxes and have alloy lug nuts and center caps. The boxes are date coded 1973, IIRC. (14x7)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
13,231 Posts
If you want to "show these off" put them on your car. They're not doing any good in boxes on a shelf. If you want to know their value put them on Fleabay with a reserve.

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
By all means use them.

·
Registered
5,629 Posts
I really like the Minis with white spokes.
Is that date code on the outside of the wheel to be seen by a show judge?
If i were selling I would look up what new genuine Minis go for then at least 2-3X that price or find generic re-pops and price them at 4-5X for a starter. Do a free ebay listing with a high reserve, I could envision $3000+ easily for someone to put on their B302 or GT350 show car. Dare someone to find another to compare them to.
What may hold them back from being solid gold is the '73 part, ''69 or '70 would be sexier, not all that much since the real hot rods of TransAm were still needing new wheels in '73 even though the factory cars were going down hill.

But I may be completely wrong since they are 14"s:ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
6,349 Posts
If you want to "show these off" put them on your car. They're not doing any good in boxes on a shelf. If you want to know their value put them on Fleabay with a reserve.
As of lately, fleabay is a joke! The majority of bidders have (0) feedback, bid like mad, then never respond. I had to list a '66 'vert 4 times before the winning bidder actually even responded, let alone paid for the car. My '66 coupe sold a week or so ago, guy ended up being from Brazil- he bid within the last few minutes, then never responded again. Looked into 2nd chance offers, bidders both had 0 as well. I even ran ito one where the bidders name when clicked on said he was from Indiana, but when I tried to contact him, it said he was from Kazakhstan. While being a good idea, listing there may not yield proper results.... m2c anyway

1 - 7 of 7 Posts