Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

Forum discount:'65/'66 Street/Competition Engine Crossmember
Base model:
1965 1966 Mustang Street Competition Engine Crossmember Fits Hipo Shelby GT350 | eBay

With jack pad:
1965 1966 Mustang Street Comp Engine Crossmember w Jack Pad Fits Hipo Shelby | eBay

Offset & gusseted jack pads available for clearing some aftermarket oil pans +$20

Purchase direct (off eBay ) for $20.00 discount off of the eBay prices.

[email protected]

This design was pioneered by Ford in 1969 for the Boss 302 program. It improves on the '65 & '66 stock engine crossmember by tying into the lower control arm mounting points, resulting in improved rigidity for the unibody lower front frame section. Helps to stiffen the car right at the control arms where it's needed most. Perfect for cars that already have an export brace and Monte Carlo Bar. Every competition and high performance 65-66 Mustang will benefit from this racing front crossmember

Street / Competition Engine Cross Member for '65 & '66 Mustang

Vastly superior to similar looking cross members currently sold today.

Features:
1) No interference issues with oil pan.
2) Will clear oil pan if using RM lowering engine mounts. Other cross members will not clear
3) Made from 1.5" steel tubing just like the stock Ford crossmember. Other are relying on smaller 1.375" tubing
4) Steel tubing thickness: 0.125", stronger than the stock and aftermarket cross members. Others are using thinner tubing
5) USA made with USA steel
6) Complete with grade 8 bolts & hardened washers (USA made).
7) priced under the competition
7) 100% money back if not satisfied
8) Cross Member with jacking pad available. Check our other auction for jack pad model.
9) Completely compatible with Vario-centric camber kits

for more information: email: [email protected]
or
text questions to 918-397-7806

Z.

·
Premium Member
13,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Will this work with the cpp mini subframe kit?
yes, it should still bolt up.

However, since the kit does away with the stock LCA's, I don't know if there is a great benefit to my crossmember, The main structural benefit of my crossmember is to stabilize and support the LCA mounting point.

Of course having a nice centrally located jackpad is nice.

Z.

·
Premium Member
1,528 Posts
yes, it should still bolt up.

However, since the kit does away with the stock LCA's, I don't know if there is a great benefit to my crossmember, The main structural benefit of my crossmember is to stabilize and support the LCA mounting point.

Of course having a nice centrally located jackpad is nice.

Z.
More the better. Stabilizing that is. I was wondering about their camber set up working okay with it.

·
Premium Member
13,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
More the better. Stabilizing that is. I was wondering about their camber set up working okay with it.
You might have to enlarge the crossmember slots where the original LCA mount was located. In a case like this a custom one-off piece might be prudent, you might be better off making a cardboard template for me to work from.

Z

·
Premium Member
13,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Anymore of these around Zray?
yes, I'm still making them. I generally don't carry an inventory, the crossmembers are fabricated as paid orders are received and usually ship within 10-14 days.

You can email me @ [email protected] for ordering information.

here is a link to a more recent ad:

changes:
1) VFM discount has been discontinued for as long as the steel tariffs keep the domestic steel prices inflated

2) note: ....... just a heads up, the last powder-coat shop in my vicinity has closed down. Orders are now shipped "bare steel". the prices below reflect a $10 price reduction. Which is what the powder coating was costing me
'65/'66:
$189.95 base model
$219.95 With integral jackpad

Z

1 - 8 of 8 Posts