Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has the Forum been painfully slow the last few days or is it my connection?

·
Registered
39 Posts
I've been experiencing slow downs as well. Must be busy.

·
Premium Member
5,242 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
It's slow for me too, but I chalk it up to a busy forum. When I logged in around the time of your post there were 57 registered users and I didn't even look at anonymous counts. That's a lot higher than I usually see this late at night!

·
Registered
9,812 Posts
Been slow here too. Sometimes it takes up to 60 seconds for a page to load or for a reply to post. I have cable at home, DSL at work.

Not a huge ordeal, just more annoying than anything.

FWIW, this is the slowest loading forum I frequent.

·
Registered
5,417 Posts
Zipping right along here ::

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
wellllll,IIIIII donnnnnn't thiiiiinnnnk it'sssssss ssssssssslow aaaaaaaaaaaaat aaaaallll

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
The general "discussion forum" is too big. Throwing everything from concours questions to OT in one place is not the most efficient way to organize. I like to jump on check for restoration topics and get off back to my car. Because of other topics being mixed in I have to search many pages looking for resto posts. In doing so I take up valuable server time and many times don't find any new topics I'm looking for.
Seperating the posts into smaller folders i.e. "concours","restomod","performance" and "OT" as a few examples would allow users to get to the pertinent info relative to their interests quicker and not use excess server time.
While I enjoy and appreciate the forum because of the info I get and can sometimes give, it is painfully slow even on DSL.
I'm also on the Corvetteforum.com viewership is very high and response very fast.
They accept advertising to help offset costs. They use quality vendors that are active online in a very positive manner.
The owner of this forum has chosen not to go that route likely due to advertisers wanting some control causing many headaches and even attempts at sensoring.
Server speed and bandwidth costs money.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts