Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
4,577 Posts
I know what you mean, I've got to the point if it doesn't open up within 30 sec. or so, I move on, and check back when I can. In a way, it's kind of good as I was spending way to much time on here anyway! /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif

·
Administrator
13,026 Posts
Hey John I have DSL and it's slow for me too. I think it has to do with time of day with a larger number of people on it??
Stan

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
Time of day seems to make some difference. I sneaked in at work today and got on and it took forever to process my post. Seems to work better on the computer at home vs the one at work. I ussually log on late at night at home and it seems better then.

Oh well, shouldn't have to use the forum much longer now. You see, the stang is done! Neet huh?

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
I have DSL and slowness comes & goes, no real rhyme or reason from what I can tell.

·
Registered
10,588 Posts
John,
Try turning off sig pix and avatars in your preferences...

I've noted,even when the site is slow, it loads much faster when not loading all the referers....for example, when my web site was down, a page load hung because it was waiting for my sig pic...it wasn't the sites fault, but mine (actually WyattWeb) for being down for a few minutes..

IIUC, depending on the page formatting, if the physical location and size of every image isn't mapped, the page won't load until the images have been downloaded to the browser. I see such pages often on the Web, mostly congested with scripts and Java and with unmapped images. I experimented with this on my web site and found it to be true, at least for my limited knowledge of HTML...If I didn't map all the image sizes and location on my race car page, the page wouldn't draw until all the thumbnail pix had been downloaded. If they're sizes and locations were mapped, the page could be scrolled and read while the pix loaded.

I know Bob's sharing site resources with the VMF but just wanted to offer and alternative contributory hypothesis...*G*

Have a good one!

BTW, I've been eyeing the race car more closely lately......actually looking under the car cover..*G* So, one never knows what sounds may emminate from the shop this autumn...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts