Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In case anyone in this area is looking for a 65 cpe project. 6F07C23419 65B PF 24A 21.

Driving around looking for Mustangs and saw this one in the edge of a person's yard. I knocked on the screen door (interior door was open and I could hear a TV on) but no one came to the door. I knocked harder and still no response. I took the liberty to take a look at the car. Was most recently tagged in 1988. It was missing 289, tranny, and hood. It was full of junk and the trunk was open about 4 inches (I could see lots of "stuff" in there also). I did see a center console. I didn't examine the car in much more detail (I didn't want to get shot). If anyone is interested (in specific parts) let me know. It is obvious they the current owner isn't going to do anything with this car. I might be interested in purchasing the car and then parting it out. I would hope I could get it for what the city will pay for abandoned cars ($25)(I wonder if I were to bring this car home if my wife would kill me). Oh...the glass seemed to be in decent shape...don't remember any broken glass....just lots of silcone caulk around the back glass.

I doubt the car would be worth rebuilding if you would have to have it shipped.

Anyway, let me know what you need and maybe I will check into this further.

Thanks
Keith

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
Was all of the deluxe interior stuff there? Wheel, seat covers, etc?

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I didn't pay really close attention to the car because of the visual condition of the car. About the only thing I can say for sure is that it DID have the center console and I think I remember it being white. Don't know about the condition. I made it a quick visit (I was tresspassing on someone else's property). From what I can remember....the seat covers are probably not in condition to use. I know for sure the passenger side rear tire didn't have a cover (remember that because I was curious about the possibility of a rear end that backed-up a 289).

If you can send me a list of SPECIFIC items to look for, I would be more than happy to check on this the next time I get a chance.

Let me know.

Keith

1 - 3 of 3 Posts