Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While taking my family out to the airport about mid-day, we saw a black '66 coupe pulled over to the side of the road. My 8 yr old son spied it first (he's so well trained. After we drove by, my wife said "I know what you're going to do before returning to the office" :eek: *GUILTY AS CHARGED, YOUR HONOR.* ;)

Of course I had to stop to look it over on the way back. Nothing too rare: a '66 sprint six coupe with a 3 speed. Black on black with an aftermarket A/C added....partially sunken into the earth (soft from rain) and off the road far enough to be up in the weeds. No visibly damage.

Of course, I had to leave my card under a wiper asking "Wanna Sell It?" :eek: :eek: :eek:

Not that I can afford another, but if the car left it's owner stranded on this stretch of expressway, I suspect he or she may now be in a selling mood. ::

Add one more non-op mustang to the collection??? Dickson

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
but if the car left it's owner stranded on this stretch of expressway, I suspect he or she may now be in a selling mood
Because none of us have ever been left stranded on the side of the road by our cars? ::

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
I came across a similar one Sunday evening. My insuance agent told of one sitting in the weeds about 5 miles from me.There is also an old (early 70's) pick up parked there also.He told me to look for the truck, cause i would never see the mustang..boy was he right! weeds and vines had completely grown over it, and the drivers door is standing wide open.Knocked on the door, and no answer, so I went out in the field to have a look..turns out to be a T code auto, and soo rusty that I think the seats are not part of the car any more, but sitting on the ground..the wheels are sunk in to the axels..couldnt get much of a look at because the wasps were a little upset with me :p I did notice a console that looked to be in pretty good shape, except faded....I dont know..maybe he will take the $50 Im gonna offer him, and end up with the console I want, and a few parts to sell (and I mean few ::)I told SWMO, that EVERYONE on here has a parts car..she is reluctant, but as long as I promise not to have it around too long..... ;)

Joe

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
If you keep buying 6cyl coupes every time your wife goes out of town, she may have to leave a babysitter with you.

Was this on Earhart expressway? A co-worker told me about that one yesterday.

::

·
Premium Member
5,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So Paul, are you volunteering to babysit me ? That would be cool if you allow working on mustangs, goofing off, and drinking a few beers at the end of the day ! ::

It is the black on on Eahart Expy! I think I may have seen it at Vance's shop a few months back....Guess Vance did not fix whatever problem he/she had. :eek:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts