Vintage Mustang Forums banner

found a '68 shelby

733 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Guest 
#1 ·
GT 500 in the local trader, 428 P.I., auto, acapulco blue , black int., needs total resto. $25,000 Canadian, is this guy nuts or is this reasonable! I payed $1000 for my '68 fastback s code (minus engine-trans). Should I call him or not?

Someone please buy my Ski Doo!
68 fastback
80 5.0 hatch
91 5.0 coupe

#4 ·
Sounds like it could be a good deal. It all depends on the condition of the car and how modified it has gotten over the years. I have noticed the prices of Mustangs and Shelbies has really gone up a lot in the last year. Same with the price of parts. It is getting too expensive as a hobby. I am glad I bought my Mustangs years ago.

Paul
1965 Mustang 2+2
1989 Mustang GT Convertible
MCA #27261

#5 ·
If the car is complete and unmodified, $17K US is probably a decent price. Restored, that car is worth close to $40K US. Even if it needs a new interior or any of the easy-to-come-by parts, it's still a good deal as long as it checks out according to the numbers (VIN, door plate, drivetrain date codes).

BP
1969 Mach 1, 428CJ
1965 A-Code Convertible

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.