Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well didn't really find them. I knew they were there and finally got some pictures of a couple of my cousin's cars. The Boss 302 is originally Grabber Green with white standard interior, shaker, sport slats, and rear spoiler. The interior from the Mach has been swapped in to the Boss 302. It currently sports a 71 351CJ motor. The 69 Mach has a 71 460 sitting in the engine bay right now. Amazingly both cars are solid under the hood. Here are a couple of pics. He also has a Boss 429 motor, 66 Galaxie 427 convertible, and 69 428 SCJ Mach 1. - Matt

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/11/web/2627000-2627999/2627146_25_full.jpg

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/11/web/2627000-2627999/2627146_27_full.jpg

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/11/web/2627000-2627999/2627146_31_full.jpg

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/11/web/2627000-2627999/2627146_33_full.jpg

·
Registered
382 Posts
i want a cousin like that :p

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, Just wish he would put them in a building at least. The 66 convertible and the 69 SCJ Mach are in buildings. I'm going to discuss buying the Boss off of him over Christmas. I can remember him running the Boss back when I was a little kid. It was in great shape back then. Not so good anymore though. - matt

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Looks like whatever is under the Boss's hood is trying to jump out, is that why the lumber and the four wheeler tire is on top of the hood? I hope your cousin will sell either or both to you, shame they're sitting out like that. Good Luck

·
Registered
6,838 Posts
What a shame.

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So, if you had to make an offer for the car what do you think it would be worth? The front end is solid, as is the trunk and floors. Most of the bolt on stuff and the quarters would need replaced. The Boss interior is sitting in the 69 Mach. They both had tach dashes and fold downs with consoles. The rev limiter and all of that stuff is still there minus the original engine. I know finding a correct Boss engine is going to be pricey but what do you guys think? Thanks - Matt

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
I sold one that was all parted out with no running gear and dents or rust in every panel for $3,500. I wouldn't be surprised to see that one bring over $10,000 easy.

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Only in books do we sometimes hear about stories like that, but in this case your cousin....Go ahead and make an offer or give me his phone #...

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
A Grabber green 70 Boss 302 and a Silver Jade 69 Mach I are both on my Christmas list. :p

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Get those ponies in the barn!!!

·
Registered
1,041 Posts
I myself would be interested to know what 1970 Boss Vin tag and buck tag are worth.I have both,,,and it is easy to get a title still.The original shell is in boss heaven,,but i do have a good VIN and Buck tag that is available. With the new Dynacorn bodies out now,,,it would be so easy to make a "New" 70 Boss. Jeff K.

·
Registered
501 Posts
offer him 10,000 and see where it gets you

i would take the 69 scj over the boss any day

chris

·
Registered
10,526 Posts
69smach said:
I myself would be interested to know what 1970 Boss Vin tag and buck tag are worth.I have both,,,and it is easy to get a title still.The original shell is in boss heaven,,but i do have a good VIN and Buck tag that is available. With the new Dynacorn bodies out now,,,it would be so easy to make a "New" 70 Boss. Jeff K.
Likely worth 5-10 in Leavenworth

·
(actually Slim Jr now)
24,597 Posts
pprince said:
69smach said:
Likely worth 5-10 in Leavenworth

Boss Mustangs have been on my short list since they came out. Wouldn't touch one if it
was free if it's pedigree was quesionable! :loco:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts