Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1969 Ford Mustang Convertible
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I've always liked the GT steering wheels guys have in the various wood colors, but I wanted one in black wood. After removing a small Grant wheel and trying the stock wheel, I found this one at CJ's and paired it with a black adapter and horn button from GT Performance. 15 inches. Nice size and feel. Just what I was looking for.....
Vehicle Motor vehicle Car Steering part Automotive design

Car Automotive tire Hood Motor vehicle Automotive lighting

Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Steering part Tread

CJ Classics Steering Wheel 15” 9-Bolt Black Forest With Satin 3-Hole Spokes
https://www.gtperformance.net/product/20-6509-gt9-install-hub-ford/
11-1165 GT9 Horn Button, Large, Mustang Logo Colored - GT Performance Products

·
Registered
1969 Ford Mustang Convertible
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My car is white interior with the regular black dashboard and black inserts.....It was born a 3 speed manual w/ a 302 and at some point got a 1969 351w and C4 auto trans - so I think the woodgrain center bit around the shifter was thrown in there to get the job done. It's the only woodgrain piece on the car. I spent some time (not much actually, after I tallied the cost) thinking about getting the woodgrain dash inserts, the woodgrain radio surround, and of course the woodgrain steering wheel - way more than I wanted to get into. But I really wanted one of those cool steering wheels, without the overall woodgrain commitment (my OCD really shines here.....) and some semblance of unity. All this to say: I really want to celebrate the "basic" non-deluxeness of the interior.

This wheel pays an homage to the Shelby-GT three spoke wheels with the round cut-outs, has those cool rivets and that laminated construction....The GT Performance adapter has a collar that slides down with a set screw to cover any gap. The horn button is plug and play.

The best part is my wife letting me test fit it before I had to give it back to her to wrap up for Christmas! The original is back on for another month.....lol!

·
Premium Member
8,100 Posts
That is one of the nicest "wood" wheels, I've seen. Available in white? If so, that might be on my winter list.....

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
It makes me want to strip n stain the brown wood ones I already have. A dark black walnut stain might do it?

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
I saw that one not too long ago...I may well buy one since its a simple bolt up to my existing hub(even if my hub is polished and shiny). Its too bad that the hub they list is just ugly though, they need to duplicate the hub they use for the GT350 wheels and anodize it black

1 - 12 of 12 Posts