Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this weekend I ended up going to the booming metropolis of Carrington, ND for a funeral. While there I learned that this weekend was the Pasta Festival. There is a pasta plant keeping this small town going. Anyway, one of the festivities was a car show and 74 VW raffle in the city park. So I go to take a look and was impressed by the quality of work on the restoration/modification of the VW to the point that I bought a raffle ticket ( hey someone has to win right?). The car show and shine was heavily loaded with Mopars! Not a Mustang in sight. There were about 45 cars on display ( some veery nice work I must say ;)). The fun part was that I went to look and no sooner had I parked Stang when a crowd started to gather around ::. I had to go back to Stang to keep the onlookers from getting to close and ended up spending the next 2.5 hours exspounding on the virtues of Stang and the restomod process. ::
Even the show organizers came over and asked me if I would consider moving Stang over to the show (no fee and I got the spot next to the entrance). I have to admit I had a fun time. :: :: ::

·
Registered
839 Posts
Great that you can educate the crowds. Sounds like you had a great day as the center of attention and front row spot!! Life gets better every day. :D ;)

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was a great time. The only thing I felt disappointed by was that I did not have my "show" stuff with me. ::
I have a scrap book with the whole restomod process from day 1 to now in pictures. This scrapbook is the best thing I could have done to show people how much work went into what they see in front of them. Not that I ever get tired of personally telling people how much work I have done on Stang but the pictures really tell the story better. ::

1 - 3 of 3 Posts