Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,938 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The birds abandoned this nest or were eaten by the neighborhood mouser cat and the cat does hang out in the area of this nest around my shop. He keeps the mice out of my shop though so I can't complain. The nest was all of 5 feet from the ground and easy climbing for a cat. I can't quite identify the birds though. This would be some north east Texas birds. Most common are doves which lay white eggs and mocking birds. I don't see many robins around. I always am sad to find things like this but the adult birds will abandon a next if they are in danger. They can always build and lay more eggs I think is the rationale for that. I think they might be mockingbird eggs. Bad choice for a nest site though. So what thinks the wild bird egg experts, mockingbirds? It has always been a fascinating mystery to me how these birds make eggs that look like this.

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
We live next to a big wooded area and have LOTS of birds. We even have a hawk and an owl we've been seeing/hearing for years.

Some dipshit bird built a nest in my garage above my doors (10' drop onto concrete - under construction so garage is "open"). I put a padded blanket down after I saw the nest. I only found one dead baby bird, so hopefully the rest made it.

We have another over the deck and I found 4 dead baby birds on the deck. They were way too young to have tried to get out of the nest themselves. According to google rival birds can/will toss other baby birds out of a nest.

We had a lot of little guys this year. Found a bunch in our bush and another group over by the fence.

·
Registered
989 Posts
I see an omelette here... but don’t shoot me because I have been a cook for over 20yrs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts