Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Comments and suggestions please.

Gearwood

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Cool, I like it. How much did that system cost you? I have never driven a car with an air bag suspension but I always thought the ride would be very stiff, is this true?

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mu buddy found this lastnight after I just bought the Complete Air Ride System. Figures.

I have heard great things about the ride and handling. Ridetech also has a forum if you have any questions or concerns, it moves well.

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
I have never driven a car with an air bag suspension but I always thought the ride would be very stiff, is this true?
Not speaking for any aftermarket system, but my buddy has done at least a dozen air suspension to conventional strut conversions in the older Continentals (for cost reasons), and he says they ride better with the Monroe Gas Struts than with the factory air suspension. YMMV.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Not speaking for any aftermarket system, but my buddy has done at least a dozen air suspension to conventional strut conversions in the older Continentals (for cost reasons), and he says they ride better with the Monroe Gas Struts than with the factory air suspension. YMMV.
Hes replacing the airbag suspension because its old and busted though, so its not that surprising that new shock setup rides better.

·
Registered
129 Posts
So this set-up is easier and/or cheaper than the Air Ride rear set-up? Also it looks like they maintain the stock shocks and supplement them with the air bellows? Interesting how they (Gearwood) provide a link to Air Ride for details about some of the parts used.

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
So this set-up is easier and/or cheaper than the Air Ride rear set-up? Also it looks like they maintain the stock shocks and supplement them with the air bellows? Interesting how they (Gearwood) provide a link to Air Ride for details about some of the parts used.
I didn't add up the costs, but the AirRide system comes with the air bags, this system gives you a link to buy them somewhere else. That probably evens out the cost.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts