Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Beach Bum
5,694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the process of replacing the full floors in SWMBO's 65 Fastback, pass side doen. While doing the drivers side found the front floor support was rotted out. After removing the front floor support to replace it I found the lower rear inside & bottom sections of the frame need attention. Using my cut off wheel I cut out the rotted section of the frame & made a replacement section & welded it in yesterday. On Sunday I will grind the welds done & test fit the front floor support. Also found the drivers side rear torque box section is rotted pretty badly & will probably be in need of sectioning in the front portion of the rear frame rail. New pics should be up on my web site in the next couple of days.

·
Registered
2,759 Posts
That's always how it works....I cut some small spots out of my floorpan to find the torquebox rusted...
Today I was working on preppin the interior of the truck for paint and found that I have an area above the front windshield that is rusting from the inside..
It's like my daddy used to say..."It's always something."
If your framerails aren't rusted then your hemmoroids will act up....

G

·
I feel your pain! I just cut off my door skins to find the inside totally rusted. I guess Ford only put paint where you could see it. POR-15 is my only option since I don't have an extra $700 to spend on replacement doors.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts