Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yup, that's what my Mustang was last night. I picked up a friend who is interested in buying a vintage car and maybe even a Mustang. When we left his house he asked me to punch the gas. I did and after it settled back down the engine started to slowly die... then it was kaput. Well, I quickly decided I'm not getting spark. When cranking the car I can get no spark out of any of the wires or coil wire. I think maybe my MSD box took a dump. Any way to test those? Any other ideas? BTW, Haggerty's road-side assistance was great and it didn't cost me a thing.

James

·
Premium Member
5,293 Posts
That sounds very similar to what you did to my fastback, Bish.... ::

Is the touch of Midlife rubbing off on you since you moved south? ;)

Glad the roadside assistance worked. I think that's a great service by Hagerty. I certainly signed up for it. Dickson

·
Registered
5,527 Posts
Why is it most posts about ignition failures can be linked to Pertronix or some other solid state, reliable, upgraded, superduper ignition system? My points have never failed me.

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
MSD has a ignition box tester and in the manul there is somehing like if you touch the red wire to ground or something(i forgot along time ago when i rebuilt my engine)

·
Registered
214 Posts
Why is it most posts about ignition failures can be linked to Pertronix or some other solid state, reliable, upgraded, superduper ignition system? My points have never failed me.
Cause the stuff made these days is trash. However I haven't had any failures with my Pertronix stuff yet, Maybe its waiting in the wings. . .or maybe it hasn't failed cause theres no COMPUTER!!!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts