Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
1966 Mustang Hardtop 289 4 Speed
6,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes due to much peer pressure I went with a straight monte carlo bar ?. I visited my son in law today and picked up some scrap he had. Btw, he's doing a 32 Ford pickup from the ground up. His summer daily driver is a 52 Fargo.

I got a piece of 1/8" plate that he quickly bent in his homemade press adaptor. Also snagged a length of high strength tubing 7/8" o.d.. I made a paper template based off the Scott Drake curved bar, btw that was pure ****e!

This is his 32

·
Registered
836 Posts
Looks good to me and Diggin the 32! My 28 roadster body is still dissembled upstairs in the spare bedroom.

Press adapter? Is this something for an arbor press that makes it function as a brake?

·
Registered
8,108 Posts
Did you measure between the towers and compare it to what it’s supposed to be before cutting the rod to length?

Looks great!

Mark

·
Premium Member
1966 Mustang Hardtop 289 4 Speed
6,114 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes, Eastwood has one as well.

Press Brake
Did you measure between the towers and compare it to what it’s supposed to be before cutting the rod to length?

Looks great!

Mark
Yes sir, 40-1/8". I figured my towers were no issue since the SD heavy duty export brace dropped right in. Seems from what others have measured, it's normally between 40 and 40-1/4".

·
Registered
4,866 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,359 Posts
The weld looks MUCH better than the off-the-shelf crap. Good job!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts