Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone here yet to figure out how to disassemble one of the 65-67 T type four speed handles? I remember reading in the past that some thought there was a screw or nut down inside handle to undo, mine has none, and I can't figure it out and don't want to destroy what I have, which is this-one nice handle, good chrome, cable broke in past and someone discarded the T piece and the cable an locking pawl, and one handle that works ok, but has terrible chrome and has been bent, but does have the lower locking pawl and T piece as well as cable I need for other handle.If I have to I will destroy the other handle to make the one good one, but there must be someway they were assembled, just can't figure out the reverse engineering, anyone got any help?

1967 S code GT Deluxe Coupe 65B
1966 Convertible 76B 289 4 speed

Descendent of Francois Seguin dit Laderoute,
Soldier Regiment d' Carignan, New France 1665-1668

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The 68 has a North-South mounted roll pin retaining the lockout lever to the cable itself. Drive out the pin and the cable, spring, and washer drop out the bottom of the shift shaft. I thought the 67 was the same.
Hope that helps.

http://www.jps.net/binay/webdocs/Images/mustang01.JPG

"Sometimes a man's life can depend on a mere scrap of information."-The man with no name

1 - 2 of 2 Posts