Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will this pair including spindles even work on a 65? They are used so I'm anticipating new rotors, caliper rebuilds including pads and hoses. $1,200 for new out of the box disc brake conversions seems steep but which is better?

·
Registered
64 1/2 D Code Coupe,
3,348 Posts
Will this pair including spindles even work on a 65? They are used so I'm anticipating new rotors, caliper rebuilds including pads and hoses. $1,200 for new out of the box disc brake conversions seems steep but which is better?
You should try Chock. His kits are OEM type kits.

·
Registered
1967 Convertible
676 Posts
We assume you have drums now? Which engine?

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
Possibly stepping out of line--but need to vent a older fellows felling on the "will fit if" brakes for the vintage Mustangs.
Why buy a brake system composed of various parts from other makes, homemade brackets, parts that fit other braking system.
If the owner has a 64 65 66 V8 Mustang, a 67 Mustang just install the original 4 piston K/H style Disc brakes. YES, 4 piston calipers 11/19 64th inch rotors.
These stopped all the Shelbys 64 65 66 all the FE, Shelby cars in 67.
Yes doing it period correct, 30 years from now--ORDER your correct pads, clip, hardware, rotor go home bolt it up. This will not be possible when installing these various, mixed parts, again "will fit if" braking systems.--Who will know what components was used in the install?

Have great brakes, and SAVE LOTS!

·
Registered
11,142 Posts
NOPE

·
Registered
37,647 Posts
Nope. Fox-body spindles have no provision for an upper ball joint, being a MacPherson Strut-type suspension.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts