Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, there is a couple of Aussies going to drag week taking over a BA Falcon 6 cylinder motor and are swapping it into a Fox body in the USA.
It should be a very fast car and something different for the USA.
The Barra motor is 4.0L and DOHC, they are strong and capable of big power.
A company here in Adelaide makes a conversion motor mount setup for the straight 6.

"For Ben Paganoni, it was a case of another day, another PB. The new turbo Barra Fox-body build continued to impress, taking three-tenths off Monday’s time with an [email protected]"
https://www.whichcar.com.au/events/drag-week/the-aussies-of-drag-week-2019-day-two-video

·
Registered
2,621 Posts
Early 80s fox body had a 200 six, still see one once in a while.

·
Registered
6,815 Posts
I remember the SVO mustangs which had a turbo 2.3. I rode in one and it ran pretty good. I liked the styling changes they did to these cars also. Its a shame they didn't really catch on en mass but there is still a lot of work going on with these cars. I worked with someone in Dallas that had one.

I watched 3, I think, of those Barra's run yesterday. At least one was in the 9's. Pretty amazing. Read something that said they only made 500 vehicles with those so I would expect they have all been snapped up by the Motor heads of Oz by now. Yoda of MCM fame now has his channel The Skid Factory and I think he built one Fox Barra that may be at hot rod week but I'm not sure. Its a white one.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi, no Fox bodies in Australia unless it is a personal import. The SN95 Mustang RHD was available through some Ford dealers but they were expensive cars new.
The mounts for the Barra swap is - TUFF MOUNTS, Performance Engine Mounts to suit MUSTANG Fox Body Barra Conversion based in Adelaide Sth Australia.
The engines are cheap and there are videos of "Yoda" doing the Barra swap with another bloke on a white Fox body in Melbourne and he also did the Toyota Cressida at drag week.
They prepared for the swap by working on the white Melb. based car i.e radiator, hoses, intercooler and pipe work and wiring harness and then shipped it over for a conversion in the US.

·
Registered
4,402 Posts
I remember the SVO mustangs which had a turbo 2.3. I rode in one and it ran pretty good. I liked the styling changes they did to these cars also. Its a shame they didn't really catch on en mass but there is still a lot of work going on with these cars. I worked with someone in Dallas that had one.
My brother has one, He's done a lot to it including a huge turbo from a diesel. He lives near Atlanta, Tx

1 - 5 of 5 Posts