Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know a lot of us vintage owners also have late models so maybe you can help me out.

I'm looking for a quality forum like this one for guys serious about preserving the late models. I log on to the Corralnet daily and it is OK. But most of the guys there are modifying for racing or whatever - like I was when I was "young and foolish".

Anybody have a recommendation. I know about Stangnet and how popular it is, but it isn't what I'm looking for. I have a 20 year old car that I want to maintain in near stock condition. It seems I'm stuck in the twilight zone on this one.

Thanks,
Bob

·
Registered
377 Posts
I don't know if this would fly here... but like you said, many of us have some late models... what about a part of the forum here so we can share that kind of knowledge with other vmfers... I know, this is the "vintage" mustang forum, but some of these fox bodies and the like will be "vintage" in just a few years...

G

·
0 Posts
My husband and I run the 1982-1993 Mustang GT Registry - www.mustanggt.org and we have a message board with forums that sound like exactly what you're looking for.

Let's face it... the third generation Mustangs are NOT "new" cars anymore and many of them are now to the point of needing restorations just like the "vintage" cars. It's VERY hard to find web sites that cater to helping people that are interested in restoring those cars and finding vendors that have restoration parts and products.

That is why we created our message board & web site. We're interested in helping people to preserve the cars. We've got lots of helpful people on our message board that are interested in the same thing. We've even got some major vendors that check our message boards to see what kinds of reproduction parts people are needing that they can't find (if there's enough demand shown, they're willing to start reproducing these parts).

Even if your car isn't a GT, you're more than welcome to come over and post on our message board - you'll still find quite a bit of useful info. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

·
Registered
364 Posts
Thanks, Bob, for bringing this up. I, too, am interested in keeping my '93 in stock form. Both of the forums that were suggested look like excellent sources for information.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, for your replies. It looks like I'll be checking into some new boards.

Don't know it VMF wants to tackle another forum, but it would plese me.

BTW My vert is a GLX 5.0 HO - bone stock with original paint and TRX wheels. I understand the GT option was available late in the year, but wasn't aware of it when I placed my order back in '83.

Bob

1 - 6 of 6 Posts