Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I think I have one more car build in me. Supposing you wanted put a suspension system and drive train from a donor Mustang into a hot rod. Said hot rod would be built to a low-slung light weight autocross car with 275s to 315s if possible on all corners. What would your donor car be? The easy answer would be a 90s C4 Corvette but hey, I'm a Ford guy with a garage full of Windsor parts. I'd be looking for a 302 built into modest 300-350 hp with 5 speed and posi but the key is, I want a car with a healthy front end geometry. Thoughts???

Cheers,

M

·
Registered
869 Posts
Fox body car utilizes struts, and I can't see having a strut type suspension on a hot-rod (assuming '32 three window, T bucket or the like). I'd be inclined to do something in a kit car type build. For instance...https://www.factoryfive.com/33-hot-rod/ since it has an unequal length A arm front, and Fox 8.8" rear in different flavors.

Stick some 335's all the way around lol

335 front_zpsks82ivtv.jpg

·
Registered
4,106 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Mustang II front suspension is used on many builds like you pictured above. from stock to all tubular aftermarket or a combination of both.
Older trucks its popular to use the last years of the grand marquis and crown vic aluminium front suspension
set up. Even seen the full frame set under some trucks as well as much of the interior.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
this is my autocross vehicle currently. there is a guy in Canada that runs a 4 door on open track highly modified. they dont even want him to show up as he puts a real hurt on some very exotic sports cars.

Attachments

·
Registered
869 Posts
The picture I posted was from Ron Sutton Flipbook, more for all out racing than street / autocross stuff. Can you say $$$$$$$$

·
Registered
20,378 Posts
That guy with the late 80's early 90's red Mazda RX7 with the LS motor does pretty well. The down side is those early RX7's fetch some good money.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts