Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I stumbled across these this past weekend up at my junkyard. Fox Mustang, I thought maybe a '79 or '80, but can't seem to find any info on these, or if they're rare or not? They're dirty, but otherwise in pretty decent shape. What puzzles me is the insert with the chrome trim and Cobra Emblems- never seen them before. I grabbed the steering wheel at the same time, maybe it'll help determine a year? The hood was cut out and apparently had a scoop at one point- looked like a '70 Boss style, rear window slats were missing but the holes were there. It also looked like it was a V8 car with a handshaker. Any guesses as to the year?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
I have a pile of those as well that I've collected over the years from junkyards. As far as I can tell, they were 1979 only. If you flip the emblem over, you'll see the number. D9ZB 61208 A04-AA.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Looks to be '79 panels. I recall the door handle was located on the lower portion of the doors, as is illustrated by the rectangular opening, in 79 then they moved them up in for the '80 (and remained there for the remainder of the fox era). My '81 had the handles at the top.

I found this picture of a 79 Cobra interior...

Attachments

·
Registered
5,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They sold on Ebay last weekend... $50! Disappointing- I had a guy offer to buy just the arm rests as the panels he just paid $400 for had junk ones on them. I assumed that would make these worth at least that much or more, right? Nope..... oh well. It was a happy thought :shrug:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts