Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my set of headers from Stan at Ford Powertrain, unpacked them last night & set them off to the side for now. Went with standard nickel chrome, as budget limitations would not allow the ceramic coating, and they look great. I believe they have re-affirmed my fascination with bright, shiny objects! :)

Doug

·
Registered
384 Posts
At the risk of asking the obvious, what engine and tranny do you have? I want to get a set for my 351w/toploader/power steering set up and want to know if they fit w/o mods to anything.

·
Incorporated Sell Out
17,130 Posts
Nice choice in headers....I have their swap headers (or rather had till I pulled the motor) on my 351c in my 65 and for the 450 miles or so it ran they were great.

·
Premium Member
765 Posts
You just reminded me that Stan is just a few miles from me and that I've been to his shop where he builds them.
He built the Cat-back for my TurboBird.
Everybody always wondered what the heck I had in that thing...
Have to remember him for my headers!

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
I've only been able to bolt my Tri-Y FE from FPA on during engine trial fit.
I got the ceramic coat, shiney is not a good enough adjective. And the fit!! OHHHHHHH Baby!!!
Congrats on a good choice.

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
Fred I have a set of FPA headers on my 69 and they fit like a glove. My car had same set up as yours when I installed them. Order them and you will not regret it.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Thanks for the info, Gary! Guess I'll have to stop thinking about it and actually order them. Then maybe I'll have to try your set up: 427 Windsor and a T56..............drool.....

·
Registered
823 Posts
How about a like to FPA? I'm lazy.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Rich, thanks for posting that link - I submitted my post right before leaving from work last night and had not had a chance to get back to the forum til now.

Doug

1 - 11 of 11 Posts