Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wondering if I can get a set of FR500's under my 67fb. Stock suspension up front and rear. I have the dodgestang spreadsheet but would like to know if anyone out there has done this without modifying the wheel? I think this would look great if the backspacing would work so I could fit it in there. I was going to do a staggered package on 17's but I'm pretty sure I can't get a 17x10 in the rear so I was thinking of running 17x9's on all 4 corners. Any confirmations out there?

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
17x9's will not fit in the front without fender flairs - there isn't 9'' of space between the UCA and the fender.

I love that wheel, but the cost to cut two of them down to 8'' wide is why I'll never have them.

However I'm pretty sure I've seen a '67 with 17x10's in the rear with that wheel. Search this site for the FR500 wheel and you'll find him.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that's what I was afraid of. Just wanted something different than the usual wheels. Just looking for the little extra pop on the car.

·
Registered
388 Posts
check out the GT super car style wheels very fr500 like but better and probably with more sizing options.
american muscle lists them in 18x9 but you get the idea on the styling.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts