Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently have the OE 14x6 wheels with P215/70R14s on my '69 GT sportsroof. I'm in the market for new wheels and tires. Coker Tire tells me the Firestone Wide Oval Radial FR16-15s on 15x7 wheels will fit w/o issue. I'm skeptical since the Boss cars had rolled fenders with this setup. Anyone tried this setup in their '69?

1969 Mustang GT sportsroof - 351 4V 4-speed, drum brakes f/r

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I ended up going with Legendary Wheel's GT8 (LW60) 15x7 wheel in silver with P225/60R15 BF Goodrich RWL tires. Wanted to keep the GT wheel caps since it is a GT, along with an overall OE wheel look.. Unfortunately I found my Ford OE GT wheel caps would not work and also had to order a set of Legendary Wheel GT8 wheel caps. The OE wheel caps will not properly "snap in" to these wheels. I also found that the color of the GT emblems on the new wheel caps was a brighter red than the OE emblems which are a darker, more maroon red. I was able to transfer the emblems from my OE wheel caps to the new ones.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Johnathan,
Are you going to hang on to the originals?... I might be interested. I am also painting my GT in Black Jade, what base coat is yours painted with?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The vehicle was restored by my father. I asked him about the paint and unfortunately he could not locate any detailed paint info - it was painted ~ 30 years ago. I do plan to keep the OE wheels.

Here's a link to an article on the car that was in Mustang Monthly.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts