Vintage Mustang Forums banner

41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
I’m not looking aft of the front seats until I have everything from the front seats forward squared away.

·
Registered
80 Posts
That is exactly what I was planning. I see you secured the tower/apron with a welded brace. Did you also leave the export brace on?
How did this turn out?

this is my way :)
first I put expo brace and mesure diagonals and then 30x30mm and welder :) betwin shock towers, lower control arm in multiple directions and one mounting point on front side of rail with bolt.
I replace torque box too...that allowed me to slide in the rail..

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Thank you for sharing that valuable information and photos. I think I will be utilizing the same method.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Need more storage area, I have to put all these car parts someplace! Making platform/attic storage area in garage rafters...

·
Registered
762 Posts
One guy told me that getting into these old cars is like an archeological dig. After dealing with my motor and other things, I begin to understand why because you never know what happened in the past until you get into it. And even then you still don't know the full story. It can be a lot of fun learning about your car and its past, it can also be a huge pain.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
So far, I have learned:
- I didn’t do a thorough job inspecting frame rails, missed frame rot that had body filler over it.
-A previous “resto” was done in the late 80’s-early 90’s, utilizing rivets and sheet metal.
-everything on the underside was painted over, ie: Rust, Undercoat, etc.
Will be done with new overhead storage in garage tomorrow. So everything that’s off the car now will go up. Then I’m repositioning the car a bit and then seats and rug out. Strip down frame rails to see spot welds. Then taking tram gauge measurements. Then replacing driver side floor pan and both frame rails.

41 - 49 of 49 Posts