Vintage Mustang Forums banner
141 - 160 of 180 Posts

·
Registered
1968 Mustang Coupe, 351w, 4 spd, acapulco blue CS/GT clone (in progress)
82 Posts
Wow! That nightmist blue came out looking great! Want to paint my car??? What paint did you use in the engine compartment?

·
Registered
1967 S-Code Fastback
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #144 ·
Took a couple of hours today to strip down the 390 and get it ready to send to speed shop. Engine in great condition. Still going to have them pull the head, pan, valve covers and give it a full review with all new gaskets, seals, etc. they will also repaint. It has an after market edelbrock intake. I have the original. Also has the nice cobra lemans valve covers. Think I will keep both on the engine. PO says the engine has a mild cam. I also have original carb. But there was a better carb on it that I will most likely keep as well.
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Rim Gas Bicycle part

Automotive tire Motor vehicle Asphalt Gas Automotive exterior

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Finally clicked in this thread and wow, I’m impressed with your project. You’ve gone from an eyesore of a rust bucket to an enviable painted body in 9 months! That’s getting after it. Have you logged your hours by any chance? It would serve as a good baseline for someone thinking about tackling (or paying someone to tackle) a similar effort.

·
Registered
1967 S-Code Fastback
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #150 ·
Decided to change the gaskets on the transmission and get it all cleaned up and painted. I replaced the three main gaskets and then added new oil to it. Oil then started coming out of the tail shaft where there is a seal. Looks like I may have somehow damaged the seal. I should be replacing it anyway.
Motor vehicle Automotive design Wood Automotive tire Automotive exterior

Automotive design Motor vehicle Bag Metal Personal protective equipment

·
Registered
1967 S-Code Fastback
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #151 ·
Have not made much progress in last 2 weeks. Lots of car shows to take my other rides to. I did lay down the sound and beat barrier on the floor and firewall. Still need to give it a good rolling.

Attachments

·
Registered
70 Mach 1 Drag Pack (W code)
96 Posts
What are your long-term plans for the car?
Is it a keeper or ....?

141 - 160 of 180 Posts