Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For ME! Yep, I've got a friend that is giving me a BASKETCASE '65 conv. with a 6 cylinder. But this one is going to be for SWMBO. I guess if she sees her conv. parked waiting on the completion of my '66 FB, she might be a little more motivated to help fund the FB project!
Anyhow, I understand there is a LOT of rust. I've got to go take a look at it this evening and make sure I want it with all the work involved, even though I can do all the bodywork myself. I knew I was saving all those parts off my fastback for a reason!

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
I notice that you have strategicaly forgotten to fill out your profile and especially your location, thereby eliminating the possibility of someone "sniping" your freebee out from under you ! Very wise.

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
Right now, I would gladly donate body organs to have a basketcase 65/66 vert in my garage, and I can't find one. Here you get one for free! Man, life just ain't fair sometimes!

·
Premium Member
3,825 Posts
Hey Dan I know of a project convertible in Bellevue. It looks like some body panels have been replaced, but thats the extent of the restoration. If I recall its 6 cyl 3 spd. It doesnt have a forsale sign, but you could always make an offer. PM if you want more details.

·
Gone but never forgotten
25,239 Posts
The thing about freebies (and "close to freebies") is that even if you deem the car unrestorable, there'd likely still be enough parts to make some money off of.

Hope it turns out to be what your looking for!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.