Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
While pulling out the carpet and getting ready for new floor pans, I noticed the baffle is missing from the driver's fresh air vent under the dash. The part I'm referring to is the grille on the end of the tube in this picture:

Looks like it bolts on in this aftermarket reproduction. Does anyone know if you can purchase just the baffle anywhere? My vent assembly is in great shape and works fine, so I don't really want to chuck it for a repro just to get the cap.

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
The earlier cars had it, the 66s and maybe some late 65s didn't. I think the repro is available from NPD.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a 65, build date August 1964. I see the repro vent assembly from NPD, but just wanted to get the cap if possible. Can't seem to find just the cap on the NPD website or in their catalog.

·
Registered
33,979 Posts
The 65 had a steel tube with a plastic diffuser, as you have shown. The 66 had an all steel assembly, with a single diffuser plate (below). Only the 65 type is reproduced.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mine is the 65 style; no integrated steel diffuser, so my plastic diffuser is MIA. Seems you can't buy just the diffuser, or at least I can't find one; can only buy the entire assembly.

If anyone has found one, or has a part number for just the end cap diffuser, please let me know. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts