Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had the car on a lift before I bought it, but I really got an idea today of how extensive the floor cancer is. The boy and I pulled the seats and carpet out, then removed the screwed in Coke sign (or whatever this sheet metal was that the P.O. had used to patch the holes.) Oh man. The good news is, the shifter linkage for the tranny looks good from where the driver's side floor pan should be. Funny thing is, the cowl vents look pretty good. I flashed a light in there the other night, and didn't see any rust holes with light shining through them. Guess I'd better get inside with the boy on the outside with the hose to find the leak.

James

1965 convertible "White Pony", my own lesson in mechanical humility
1968 coupe "Jedstang" for the soon to be 16 y/o boy

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ah, yes... I have a tiouch of cowl rust, which is odd considering the car has always been in California... I have to use oneof the coil covers, hehe.

·
Registered
3,179 Posts
Sometimes I think California cars are a bit over rated. I have an ex-cop car that is rust city. It even has moss and lichen growing all over it. It sat in El Rio (next to Oxnard, Calif) for the last 15 years and before that served duty in Riverside or San Bernardino county. Then some cars that has been on the coast most of it's life (like Santa Barbara) rust out in some of the most peculiar places due to the salt air. I had a non-rusty '69 Firebird that I bought in Seattle. Brought it to Ventura County and it started to rust. Go figure!

Regards,

Dean T

Shikatta Ga Nai - "It cannot be helped"

1 - 3 of 3 Posts