Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What was the Craziest thing you, your significant other, or both done in or with your Classic Stang????

·
Registered
1,869 Posts
I don't know if I can respond to this without it being deleted!

·
Incorporated Sell Out
17,130 Posts
I let SWMBO (Then just GF) use my 67 FB when she had her learners permit. First and last mistake I ever made with that particular car.

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
Errrm... Yeah, deletion is definitely on the horizon for this... Nevermind. :)

·
Registered
7,983 Posts
Well it was either going 130 mph with the stock suspension, or using a blow torch to loosen up a rear shackle bushing (think about the gas tank)!

With respect to what you are "really" asking about - we always used a pickup with a bench seat or our room.

A year or so ago someone posted about whether it was even possible in the cramped back seat or the buckets of a vintage Mustang. Some VMFers assured us that for the young, limber, and lustful anything is possible. One poster mentioned that they ended up with a women's shoe print in the rear of the headliner (that his mother saw on the way to church the next day IIRC).

John Harvey

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
That was only a few months ago, because i remember it, and i've only been here since feb. 28th. I think it was back in may or april... And i remember someone telling us about a tear in the headliner from the PO's toenail. Maybe not that thread, but it's still funny.

Pfft. And my dad wants me to leave the back seat out of the stang. I don't think so! You can, um, put speakers back there, yeah, that's it, speakers...

·
Administrator
19,498 Posts
I drove Murphy up a creek bed once in Arizona. ::

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
There was that time . . . In the convertible in the driveway. . .at night . . . with the topdown.

·
Registered
2,724 Posts
I have stripped both of my stangs! ::

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Deletion is im my horizon as well.

But I will tell you I needed a new seat frame afterwards.

·
Premium Member
3,825 Posts
I let my ex SWMBO drive my '66 coupe. It was ONCE and ONLY ONCE!

Oh, and no we didn't do that in the mustang... she had a Jeep for that! :eek:

·
Registered
6,782 Posts
Of the ones I can post.
Ran the car through an intersection that had a significant dip in it. I was going so fast that the power steering RAM bracket under the driver's side frame rail put a 2" gouge in the pavement and sparks galore!!!
The other nonmentional event also included sparks galore but no gouges...

·
Registered
311 Posts
A year or so ago someone posted about whether it was even possible in the cramped back seat or the buckets of a vintage Mustang. Some VMFers assured us that for the young, limber, and lustful anything is possible.
FYI, plenty of room if you utilize the back of the folded front passenger seat as her backrest. ::

·
Just some guy
67 coupe, 69 Sportsroof, 86 hatchback
20,853 Posts
Well SWMBO has never forgotten when I first got my 67 coupe. It was pitiful. Not that I cared, it was a MUSTANG!. When the rollback dumped it in the driveway my die-hard Chevy neighbor wasted no time coming over to make fun of the car, me, and Fords in general. I soon discovered the little 6 cylinder wasn't as dead as first assumed and I had the car running 2 days later. I invited SWMBO to take a ride. She wondered how as it had no seats and of course had to make a crack about "Fred Flintstone" floorboards. Milk crates to the rescue and off we went, straight to the neighbor's yard and I did about 6 doughnuts on his front lawn. Dry-rotted pizza-cutter tires and all.
When questioned by my neighbor, I told him it couldn't have possibly been me and my broken down old Ford. I did own up to it after a while and he didn't mind too much.
5 years later SWMBO still occaisonally brings up the time "we went for a ride on milk crates".

1 - 17 of 17 Posts