Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well since I will be at Mini-Nats all weekend starting tonight need to get these in a day early.

#1 Well since someone posted question yesterday I liked about your dream car, I want to change it around a little in my own way. OK what would be a dream car for you to have close to your life without acuually owning it perhaps owned by best friend or family member, wheres you can be seen with it perhaps even drive it but NOT have owenrship or matience or storage etc?

#2 Can you name as many Mustangs and or shelby used in Movies, comericails, Music Videos etc, please read others answers and not constant repeats like Bullet, Eleanor and such try to come up with obscure ones that held in back reccesses of your mind.

#3 Ok fess up time, in your life time with cars what is worst ticket you recieved for driving in a Mustang, and what the story of the best time you were let go with warning.

#4 Iam gonna make a road trip back east for few weeks and incorperating lots of car stuff on way and way back ie shops and VMFers and even some bone yards. So its your turn if you were doing the same where would you stop and what would you like to see or whom would you like to meet?

Serious question please give input. Lately we have been having way too many NO BIDS on auction items, why is this I know each item isnt needed by everyone but heck with all the people out here I can't understand why no bids on things like fuel pump, pony interior kits (thus far) the shifter from Mustangs plus a few weeks back. Heck used to sell shrap metal from blown engines. Do I need to change format? whats the problem? I can't control items that are offered I would love to get some ARF heads or recaro seats of full on crate motor and believe me I try but most of this stuff is something someone can use.

Mark

·
Registered
5,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Heres my answers

#1 I would have to say an original GT 40 would have to be blue and orange.

#2 I will start this with the 65 white with gold strips shelby clone used in Guns and Roses Music video "November Rain"

#3 Ah when I was much younger and had alot of Dave Oxide in me a 125 in a 35
with exception of speed, wreckles driving, speed contest, open headers and many other misc add ons. Let see there have been a few guess couple years ago when headed up to Hot August Nights on back roads Hiway 49 to those who know the area they had recentlly paved it and no traffic with lots of nice twisties I was round a hundred when CHP on other side and he flipped a U turn red lites, Comes up to car and says you and I both know I could of never caugth you if you just keep going but since you stoped quickly I just want to check out this car Ok.

#4 Well since Iam doing it hers part of my agenda, stop in DM and finally meet Bob, Then onto Mich and hook up with GRR456 than to Philly and meet Dodgestang, (Man that area wont' be safe with us around" Also hooking up with Frank65 while Iam in Philly area, couple of others if time permits. Now to shops etc, will finally get to Cobra Automotive, Tony Branda, Telstar Motors, Kar, signature auto sales, hopefully Bob Perkins, and couple others again if time permits.

Mark

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
1. Hmmmm, it would have to be non-Ford related (my jealous heart couldn't take my neighbor having a cool Ford), maybe somehting new like a Astin Martin Vanquish (yes, I know Astin Martin is owned by Ford, but it's just different) or a Ferrari, maybe something really old and in mint condition like from the 30's (good looking and cool, but I have no real desire to own one).
2. There was the 65-66 (was a mixture of both years) Red Vert in "Me Myself and Irene", and a yellow 67? (can't remember) that got flipped in "Digging to China" (w/Kevin Bacon)
3. I had a clean license before that 03 Cobra . . .I had a cop pull me over for doing 10 miles over the limit and no front license plate on an empty stretch of road at 5:00pm on a Saturday afternoon. I was none to happy to get tickets for both violations. Then, as I was carefully pulling back on to the highway, he pulled me over again for accidently spraying his car with gravel - BUT i did not get arrested.
Then one time I was traveling to Corpus Christi from San Antonio on rt 37 - those who don't know - there is absolutely nothing out there. I had the cruise control set at 85, but my foot was on the accelerator. I don't know how fast I was actually going, when I saw the cop pass me in the other direction. Saw his brake lights, and I just pulled over to wait for him (I knew he had me, why make him chase me and I was at least 20mph over the limit). He checked the car out and let me go with a warning.
4. Have to think about this one. I have a lot of family out east & north east.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
1. Well I know someone that has a 1964 Porche California Speedster. They only made like 51 that year, hey a V12 engine and it goes really fast.

2.there was a mustang in the last Pricilla Presley music video, and there was a 65 convertible in the the show Dawson's Creek.

3. Well I was driving home and I decided to go 90 in a 65 on the 5 fwy. I was really wanteding to get home but I got caught and since he liked my car he wrote on my ticket that I was only going 8mph over the speed limit.

4. I would like to meet Bob, especially Midlife, Dodgestang, LS20068, Whizco, KKTell, and Mytoys. Pretty much I would like to meet everyone, this forum has gotten addicting to me and I learn so much for you guys thanks

David

·
Premium Member
11,701 Posts
  1. '67 GT40
  2. Beater blue vert in "The Princess Diary"
    Fastback in "Spencer for hire"
  3. I have never had a ticket in a Mustang. I did get out of a doozie tho;

It was my first coupe; '66, 289, 4v, 3-spd manual. It'd do 55 in 1st, 75 in 2nd and I never got to the top of 3rd, but hit 125+ chasing a Buick GS Stage II once.

Anyway, I was in a bad mood about something and was tearing through town on a weekend. I'd just come out of 2nd, which put my speed somewhere around 75. As I shifted into 3rd I passed an off-duty cop in his '72 Chevy Laguna parked at the local high school. This guys car was killer; it had a 454, 4-sp manual and had been warmed up quite a bit. He caught me pretty quickly.

The cop walks up in his bermuda shorts and undershirt. "Can I see your license and registration please?"... A cruiser pulls up to assist. The off-duty cop waves him off (Whew). This cop was the one that did high-school duty. He made the circuit lecturing and all that. Officer Winterbottom. A very cool dude, if I may say so.

So anyway, Officer Winterbottom let me off with a warning, which went along the lines of "Mr. Ketell. If I EVER see you doing that again, not only will I take your license, but I will impound your car as well. Now get outta here."
  4. I have no idea. I've never plotted that sort of thing out, not even in my mind. I would love to visit the Ford museum someday though.
----------------

Auction question:

Perhaps you need to explain the rules more clearly? Can we put in low-ball bids too? You know, "That would be a cool thing, but I don't need it, so I'll only bid low..."

You keep asking for over-bids, which implies that you won't entertain low-ball bids. Is this the way you want it, or are you willing to take ANY bid?

·
Registered
5,527 Posts
1. I wish my neighbor had a quadcab F-350 Powerstroke, and I could use it anytime I wanted. Then I wouldn't have to drive the beast everyday, but would have it at my disposal.

2. Charlie's Angels

3. Pulled over for speeding (but wasn't). Cop just wanted to ask questions about the car. *sigh* Was let go with a warning.

4. Traveling east? I don't know. I guess I would hit every reststop along the way and scribble "For a good time, call Midlife"

Auction question: I think you're doing a fine job. Some opening bids are too high for opening bids. Perhaps a secret reserve and a lower starting bid might help.

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
1. I can't think of one car I that I like enough to have near me but not one that I wouldn't want to own.
2. One of the recent Advance Auto Parts commercial. You see the left front fender. Possibly 65-66.
3.Never got a ticket in my first Mustang, haven't had the current one on the road long enough. (Besides, Exchevman is sure I drive like a maniac, and I am trying to prove him wrong)
4. Any VMF'er who would be willing to meet me.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Greetings,

1) Hmmmm... A Morgan. Heck I'd like a Morgan of my own, but someone elses Morgan would be good. or a 1920's Bugatti... :) Scarily enough my own dream car is a Morris Minor 1000 (convertible preferably)

2) Nope... :-(

3) I've never been pulled over, really, I mean it. It's not due to my impressive driving skills, I've hit a bus once and scraped a truck once, both times in a mini van.

4) How East are we talking? I'd go visit a few places in Edinburgh in the UK, but I suspect that you mean East US. I've never been there, sorry, I can't help.

Bonus question) So far, I haven't seen anything auctioned that I need. I have seen one thing that I would like, but I'm still working on the things I have to do to the car before I look at the things that I want to do. All of the auctions are "lets get some overbids on this thing"... So it seems like an expensive way to get an item, going price bids or even low bids should be encouraged. That way at the very least you don't have any no bid items, you can always set a reserve. Does that help at all?

Z.

·
Registered
14,601 Posts
1. That's easy...already happened. blkstlln just bought a 66 GT350H, everyone in the PNW Chapter is living vicariously through him right now!
2. Easy Money, Interview with a Vampire.
3. Never let go, only ticketed in my daily drivers.
4. Well, I'm in Seattle so most VMFers are east of me...but: dodgestang, midlife, 66emberglow, cloney, bob , Matt Rosa...I could go on and on.

Bonus: Not sure...perhaps the entertainment value of winning the auction isn't there. The thrill of the hunt like on ehay? You can't see if you have the winning bid.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
1) If it's my dream car, I couldn't stand to have anyone else driving it. Closest I can come is my brother-in-law owning my first mustang (68GT Fastback, which he does own, and I've got a standing right-to-buy if he ever decides to sell). Got to drive it last month for the first time in 20 years...Made me feel like a kid again! :: It's a lot easier to romp it when your passenger (brother-in-law) is a Highway Patrolman!!! :: :: ::

2) ???

3) Worst ticket: as a 16yo, about 45 days after I got my license and the aforementioned 68 GT, I got pulled over for 95 in a 55, the Tuesday morning after I received my Careless and Wreckless ticket the previous Friday afternoon. Mom and Dad were slightly upset!

Best one I got out of? Tie:

a) The day after I got my license, I was pulled over for 87 in a 55 by a smal-town cop in his personal car that I had just passed (I was slowing down!!!). I gave him my receipt from DMV, since I hadn't received my license in the mail yet. He didn't know what it was, and I wasn't in the computer yet, so he didn't know how to write the ticket, and gave me a warning.

b) again, as a knuckle-headed teenager, in the same 68 GT, I got pulled over for doing 75 in a parking lot along the local cruise strip. Cop asked me where the fire was. I told him I was trying to catch my buddy that just went by on the street (true). Figured he was going to take me in for this one. He says "are you going to be cruising all night?" "Yes." "Well I'm going to be watching this car the rest of the night, and if you so much as forget to signal a lane change I'm going to haul you in." (Why would this night be any different than any other night?!) I proceeded to find my buddy, have him follow me to the house, dropped the Mustang in the garage, and spent the rest of the night cruising as a passenger in his 67 Chevelle SS. ;)

4) Too new to know who all I would want to see. Still haven't met Bob, and I live here in DSM.

Auction: I haven't bid yet, because right now I'm saving all of my nickels for the body work, but I'm keeping an eye out for anything I need.

·
Registered
286 Posts
#1 In 1968, My father bought a brand new Fairlane 500 convert. 390 4 speed car. As a kid it was my job to keep the chrome and spyder wheels polished when dad washed it. I wish it was back in the family today.
#2 The sunlit gold 68 California Special in the movie "Goin All The Way". (no partiallity here!)
#3 The worst ticket I ever got was back in 1980, cruising Woodward in my 70 Super Bee. I was trying to pick up some girls in in a 66 Mustang. We slowed down to about 25 mph as we were chatting and the cops pulled us over and gave us a ticket for "Staging a drag race". Never heard of that law before.
#4 I would love to drive the stang cross country to visit my Grandparents in Vegas.

·
Registered
792 Posts
1. 64 TBolt
2. "Innerspace" w/Dennis Quaid, Martin Short '68Shelby vert
"Thomas Crown Affair" - remake Shelby Vert (looks 4x4)
3. First ticket ever in 89 GT. 61 in a 55, 2 blocks from police station, I had my license for about 2 months. I have never gotten out of a ticket.
Now when I was younger I did get the same car to 3500 in 5th and had the ac stop blowing cold, thank god now cops were present.
4. Not sure who, but Signature Auto, KAR, and CObra Automotive would be on the list.

·
Registered
5,066 Posts
1. Cant think of an answer to this.
2. I would like Crash Davis' Shelby from "Bull Durham"
3. Ive never gotten a ticket. Ive never been pulled over.
4. Id like to see Jack Roush's and Robert Yates' operations, and reluctantly accept a WC motor from each as a parting gift.

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
I'll just do #3:

Favorite ticker/warning in a mustang. This was in a 99 mustang convertible (SWMBO's). AT the time I lived in San Diego and I was about to be restationed in Newport, RI. My wife (fiancee at the time) was stationed in New London, CT. I borrowed her car on Sunday night so I could get to Newport and check in at my new station the enxt day. I was very familiar with the area as I spent a lot of summers in Newport, and 4 years in Eastern CT. So I decide to take a back road that is faster so long as there are no cops. Speed limit is 25. I come flying off the highway and I'm doing 55-60 MPH. All of a sudden as see some lights coming up my rear view mirror going even faster then me. so I figured it either a cop or someone going faster so I pull into a gas station. The cop pulls in behind me. Walks up and asked

"Did you squeal the tires coming off the ramp going that fast."

"No sir, don't think i did"

"Do you know the speed limit here?"

"ummm...55 MPH? That's what most side roads in California are (starting to play the military card0"

"No son...25"

"25!!!! woooo...I'm sorry sir"

"Why are you in such a hurry"

"I'm reporting into my new job tomorrow and I didn't know where it was"

"You military"

"Coast Guard...going to work at the Navy base in Newport"

"oh...License and registration"

This is when I start to worry. My fiancees car, NC licence, PA Plates, Registration not in my name. I start to look for the registration...open up the center console and what do I find? What is in every female driven car? Feminine Hygeine Products!!!! I start to sift through them. As I do so, the cop said:

"Never mind...just wait here" He and his partner go back to the cruiser. 60 secs later they pull the cruiser beside my car and hand me my license back and told me to slow down.

Not bad...and from now own there are feminine hygeine products in every car around the registration...

The best ticket in a mustang is this:

Best friends 96 Red GT Convertible, CT plates...going on spring break to Florida. We've got the cruise set at 72 MPH...and we cross in South Carolina. As soon as we do...we have a cop behind us and he pulls us over.

"Boy (editor note: he really said BOY...like in the movies), that fuzz buster didn't help you none did it boy?" (the fuzz buster wasn't on).

"You know why I pulled you over?"

"No sir"

"You were gonig 75 in 55 construction zone"

My friend looks around "What construction zone?"

"THere was a sign you passed about 1 mile back"

"Okay sir..."

"License and Registration"

"here you go"

Friend:"How much is the ticket?"

"$300"

"Mind if I pay cash?"

"I prefer you don't."

"Well, we're going on spring break, so if I don't pay you now, you'll never get the money"

"Well...okay...if you insist"

Friends pays cop.

Cop:" Better have a lot of cash if you are going to keep driving that way."

Now...you may ask, how does that qualify as a get out of ticket story...I think it qualifies for both categories actually. That ticket never showed up on his record. Some SC trooper got a nice fishing trip and my friend got no points.

Slade

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
1) An original Daytona Coupe.

2) The Mustang Al and Steve restored in Married with Children.

3) Worst - Passing in a no passing, left of center (duh!!), wrekless driving, excess speed for the conditions, eluding arrest. I got off on all but 2.

Best - Got pulled over for doing 30 in a 20 in an 89 GT hatchback. "Son, I know you have a hot car there, but try to keep it under the speed limit". Duh, I was just idling. If I would have been exercising the hot car, I would have been doing 130...

4) The Tristar Shelby Museum in the Dakotas, the Auburn Cord Duesenberg Museum in Auburn, IN, the Indy Speedway and on and on and on....

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
1) Any vintage muscle-car will do...

2) Burt Reynolds drove a black 69 Sportsroof in 'Malone'

3) none either way

4) haven't given it the required thought... maybe Bob Perkins' collection if it is accessible to the public?

Doug

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
1. If I own it, an '83 Ferrari TestaRossa. If someone else owns it, a 2003 Enzo - 'cuz I'll sure never own one of those !

2. My fave is the orange 'stang in "Cherry 2000" Watch close ! It's a 66 in most scenes, but a 65 in a few -

3. It wasn't a Mustang, but my '58 Ford 'vert, "Wonder Warthog" For 135 in a 55, though the kind officer only nicked me for 90.... a 380 inch 352, hipo 406 solid cam, etc. and 3.89's -

4. North through the Bay area to see all the folks up that way, then across to catch up with Dan up in Riverton, Wy. Then, who knows? ::

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
1. One of the REAL 1970 Team Car Boss 302 cars, either #15 or #16, I'm not picky....

2. hmmmm....

1970 Love Story - green 1966 GT350H, red 1965/6 fastback GT
1974 The Conversation - 1970 yellow Boss 302 chase scene
1968 Bill Cosby TV series - 68 GT500KR convertible
1980s Catch Me If You Can - 1969 grabber blue GT500 convert
1990s Metro 1969/70 pseudo-Boss 302 - DESTROYED IN FIRE

I think 5 is enough for now (maybe you people will REALLY understand just HOW addicted to Mustangs I am).

3. Worst - drag racing my Boss 302, Best I got out of - drag racing my Boss 302 (you'd think I would learn).

4. Without a doubt in Ocala, FL to meet the King himself - Big Daddy Don Garlitts and see the cars in person at his magnificent museum.

·
Registered
208 Posts
1) I'm greedy...I want one of every car and truck, and motorcycle

2) Sherl Crow video "Steve Mcqueen" with Dale Jr. though Jr wasn't driving the stang..

3) I have never driven a Mustang. But I worked for a guy that had a hot 83 gt...he got busted or doing 169 in a 45, and yes, he went to jail, straight to jail, he did not pass anything, but he did collect a very large ticket ::

4) dunno

Stan

1 - 20 of 20 Posts