Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so Iam a day late, and believe me a dollar short.

#1 Who other than yourself in imeidate family enjoys your hobby with you and who could care less?

#2 What other hobbies do you share your car pashion with, ie, sports, collections of some type etc?

#3 Whats the thing you were talked into in your life that you most grateful you were and conversly what was worst?

#4 So what do you think of the guest host set up for auctions I for one think its great, wish I had the puter skills to give such detailed info etc.

Mark

·
Registered
2,374 Posts
#1 It is just me and my SWMBO and she enjoys the hobby (i.e., the people) just as much as I do.

#2 My wife and are big baseball fans.

#3 I can't think of anything either way.

#4 You're doing a fine job....

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
1) My dad is into Mustangs. One of my brothers wants a T-Bird, which isn't a Mustang, but is close enough.
2) No other hobbies really.
3) I can't think of many things that I've been talked into.
4) I think you both do a great job.

·
Registered
771 Posts
1. My wife is very supportive of me and my Mustang. She pays attention to the little details and has surprised me with her knowledge.
2. I like to run, ride bikes, and I collect die cast cars.
3. My wife has talked me into many house "projects" of which I am always pleased with the results. I can't think of anything I regret that I was talked in to, I usually come up with those on my own. :eek:
4. Great, this works very well.

·
Registered
300 Posts
1 - Just me! Although my little girls are getting good at spotting Mustangs!

2 - I do wood working and general improvements on my home. I also play the guitar. I also have a large collection of 8 Track tapes.

3 - I talked myself into selling my first Mach I in 1983 so I could buy an Apple II computer.

4 - It is very nice.

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
#1 With 4 daughters that are into the boys, and the boyfriends that are into the daughters ::, no interest there, and swmbo isnt into it too much either, other than atending a few shows now and then...so its just me :(

#2 I would have to say golf and catching as many NFL games as possible...Cleveland Browns fan ::..(I know,I know)

#3 First "good" mustang..buddy sold me a 69 Mach1 (in 1980) for $100.00...Ex. shape..needed a tranny..my brother talked me into it. :p

#4 You both do a great job..Im sure everyone on the site (including BOB )appriciates it! :D

Joe

·
Registered
5,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
#1 Well my wife has NO interest whats so ever, for her a car is to go to A to B anything would do. My 7 year old (Edward) is showing lots of interest, he attends most car events with me and likes the whole deal, of course his attention span is what any 7 year is. Luke my 3 year old likes the cars but at three just likes to put fingerprints wherever he can. Oh by the way both of my cars are going to be my kids when the 35 that is.

#2 Nascar WC, Baseball, sports cards and memrobilia, fishing, gambling, I collect lots of STUFF soem worth something and other just Stuff.

#3 Without a doubt the purchase of place we live, my wife and my father had to push me long and hard as place needed alot when we bought, but now that its done they sure did a GREAT thing I love it and by the Way property values in Sonoma, well lets say my purchse has at leat 6 times its money.

I guess worse thing was getting into horses a few years back what the ____ was I thinking if you think cars are like digging a whole and just putting money in it try horses.

#4 I really like the level Anthony has taken these latest auctions too, I just wish I had skills to of done it this way all along.

Mark

·
Banned
5,578 Posts
1) No one... but the little one (8 mo) seems VERY interested in the goings on. We'll see.

2) Braves games and memorabilia back to 1871, used to be tube radios, but that's cooled quite a bit.

3) Moving to NM for my post-grad work; it gave me a much different perspective on the country than the areas I was used to.

Worst, NOT putting all my investment eggs into one basket (Microsoft) in the early 90s. But, who knew?

·
Registered
288 Posts
1. Whole family (wife and 2 daughters), they either join in or never see me. ;)

2. 3D modeling of Classic cars. http://home.comcast.net/~sielkes/

3. Marrying my wife, and, Marrying my wife. ::

4. Great.

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
1) Savannah also has absolutely NO interest in cars except to haul as much stuff from one place to another as possible. She does like the people part of the sport but to get her to actualy go to a car show and, uh, look at cars?........ well, THAT sure isn't going to happen............ *G*. My Dad likes to hang out with me, (and me with him) at car shows, but I'm getting the feeling that he'd just as soon be sitting somewhere in the shade then walking around at some outdoor show - go figure.......

2) My second love is music. I write and record songs, play bass in a band and have released a couple of CD's under my own band name. I just realy enjoy getting up on stage and playing for people.

3) Mostly I talk myself into things, so I realy don't have anybody else to blame........*G*. Likely my acreage outside of Bend here. The value has increased 1400% in 15 years. Not too bad for a country boy. The worse? Maybe a manufactured house I bought at one time - I was upside-down for the whole term of the contract.

4) I think Anthony is doing a great job.

·
4,129 Posts
#1 Would have to be my Father. Although we do not get together as often as I would like, he is the one person that I can talk to about what I have done to my Mustang. The SWMBO could care less.

#2 Does the VMF count as a hobby? Cause I spend way too much time here. Maintaining this house just takes too much time for much else. Oh but I do love football season, and I watch my Steelers whenever I can.

#3 Buying this house, (I wish that it had gone up 1400% in value or even 6 times more :: I'm happy that it has almost doubled in value) Selling the GT500 in '99.

#4 I see a collaboration of L20068 and MYTOYS running the auction in the future.
fd

·
Registered
122 Posts
1. my wife shares my interest in the hobby to a certain extent. she helps me wash the car, but doesnt like to get into the greasy mechanical work. when the car was finished she wanted to be the first to drive it. she loves the attention that she gets when driving the car around town. imagine that, a woman who likes attention. i would say my dad is the least interested because he drove a camaro back in the day hehe.

2. i enjoy playing and watching most sports along with working out, rollerblading, and travel. my stang isnt my life completely but my wife might beg to differ sometimes.

3. if i knew my wife was gonna read this id have to say getting married was the best thing i got talked into hehe. but, i think the best thing that i was talked into was taking a snowy trip down to ardmore oklahoma from michigan to buy a 70 mach1 mustang. then driving it back through icy roads in illinois. my buddy and i still talk about that adventure but im glad he told me to buy the car. the worse thing i kinda got talked into was buying my first muscle car. it was a 73 mustang known to me as project nightmare. i still wake up in a cold sweat when i dream about that car haha. i brought two friends to look at it with me, both had mechanical backgrounds. i asked them if i should buy it and they both looked at each other and said i dunno. i guess i cant really say they talked me into it but they didnt talk me out of it either. that thing was a mechanical mess. to look at it as a positive, at least i learned a lot for my next car.

4. i really dont know much about guest auctions so i cant really comment on it.

·
Registered
136 Posts
1) My wife enjoys Mustangs just as much as I do. She's actually more likely to spend money on the Mustang than I am and I actually learned more than a few things from her about mechanical aspects that I was fuzzy on! The odd thing is that she learned everything she knows from watching her father work on their 1977 Lada...she grew up in Bulgaria where (IMHO)they don't know what a real car is:)

2) Other hobbies? Who has time or money for other hobbies?!?!

3) Most grateful for being talked into actually going on a skiing trip to Bulgaria in the first place, that's when I met my wife!

4) He's done great, but I'm easy to please...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts