Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
5,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you could attend any One signal car event anywhere in the world with someone else paying the Bills, What would that be?

Favorite New Non Car gadgit you have purchased recently?

If you were stuck on trans contiental flight with someone seating next to you who was car person with hours and hours to talk and they were receptive to this who would it be?

Do you have a family type vacation coming up this summer car or non car related tell us about it?

-----------------------------------------------------------
Non question related

Lets all wish Dodgestang Luck at the Dyno today, lets hope things go well and its chicken not feathers for diner tonight.

Mark

·
Registered
5,583 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
#1 Dead even Tie, Night race at Bristol or F-1 race at Monte Carlo

#2 XM Radio just really Rocks

#3 Boris Said, what a long strange trip that would be

#4 Well just so happens we leave tommorow for Week at Blue Lake, No phones, No TV, No customers, just great family place to go, only bad thing no way to check in on VMF

Mark

·
Registered
215 Posts
If you could attend any One signal car event anywhere in the world with someone else paying the Bills, What would that be?
24 hours of LeMans.
Digital camera. Got tired of buying film.

If you were stuck on trans contiental flight with someone seating next to you who was car person with hours and hours to talk and they were receptive to this who would it be?
Carrol Shelby
Do you have a family type vacation coming up this summer car or non car related tell us about it?
Leaving tommorow for a visit to my mothers house in Philadelphia. Side trips to Wildwood and Atlantic City,NJ.

·
Registered
21,160 Posts
Hmmm, I can't think of anyone in specific but the Paris to Dakar race might be interesting...flat out for 6,000 miles. Could be interesting.

Camcorder...paper shredder...camcoder...paper shredder...I'll say camcorder!

William Clay Ford Jr. He seems to be an intersting and lively guy.

Every year we go to the Wyoming county fair in Wyoming county PA. It's relaxing and a pleasent change of pace. Those country folk are pretty sharp and self sufficient, you can talk with them on almost any subject and they're knowlegable about it. From sand mounds to the lastest PC product!

What's a "sand mound"... OK city folk, what is it? heheheh. :D

·
Registered
3,363 Posts
If you could attend any One signal car event anywhere in the world with someone else paying the Bills, What would that be? Monte Carlo Grand Prix

Replaced dead remote phone in the kitchen. Pretty sad, huh?

My Dad, RIP.

Disney Cruise to the Bahamas with the four kids and SWMBO back in early June. Mickey does it right!!

Good luck Dodgestang! Rip it up!

·
Registered
391 Posts
#1 - 24 Hours of LeMans

#2 - Television (Just kidding - nothing new recently. I'm not a gadget guy)

#3 - Jay Leno

#3 - Looks like we are stuck at home because of work demands. Maybe a quick Carribean cruise out of Galveston later this year. :(

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
Daytona 500

Reading glasses

Harley Earl
RVing this weekend for the first time

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
- The Telstra Rally in Australia (that's the WRC rally for those who don't know).

- PS2 (well, SWMBO bought it for me, but it's close enough).

- Probably Nicky Grist over Marcus Grunholm. Easier to understand.

- Already took mine last week. Part car related (mostly brake work), part non-car related (mostly my new PS2).

TK

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
1. Bristol Night Race or Concour de elegance at Pebble Beach

2. $15k worth of concrete and $25k(and still counting) worth of 30x60 Garage Majal.

3. Alan Kulwicki, Bobby Allison

4. Just back from a working week in Vegas, and next week I'm taking the week off to construct my Garage Majal. Family? Oh, they can swing a hammer too.

·
Registered
5,527 Posts
1. Barrett Jackson Auction
2. Dewalt 12" Compound Mitre Saw
3. My deceased father-in-law
4. Going camping this weekend, going camping this fall.

·
Registered
354 Posts
# 1 Night race @ Bristol
# 2 TiVo - how did I live wihout that?
# 3 Warren Buffet -I would love to understand his thought process.
#4 Disneyland -Stayed in the Grand Californian - Great hotel!

·
Registered
9,844 Posts
1. Goodwood Festival of Speed in England
2. Swiffer mop.
3. A.J. Foyt
4. Went to South Padre Island (Texas).

·
Premium Member
7,773 Posts
I'd like to attend the Indy 500 once, with full access and all.

A Powerbook G4

Carroll Shelby

Went to Captiva Island FL with my wife and kids and it was great - we usually prefer going somewhere Quintana Roo Mexico but Captiva was a very neat place.

-bob

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Barret - Jackson (The bill WOULD be high! :D)
Palm M500 PDA -very handy
No name to think of, but any high end custom car builder, willing to share secrets of the trade. (the pda has room for lots of notes!)
SWMBO and I are going to Vegas, The Grand Canyon and Scottsdale AZ in Nov- no kids!!

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
1) Sturgis, SD! I don't like bikes, but THOSE GUYS know how to have a PARTY! ::

2) A new Craftsman cordless drill and vacuum. :p

3) Hugh Hefner ::

4) No vacation plans - couldn't go to Canada this year :(. Been burning vacation thru long weekends for car shows - Lincoln, Tulsa, Des Moines, etc....

·
Premium Member
4,928 Posts
LOL...Boris Said!......I love it! :: ::

·
1,215 Posts
1) Definitely Daytona 500 from the pits with all access.

2) Brand new weed whacker

3) Paul Teutel from American Chopper (does he qualify as a car person?)... If not...then Chip Foose. Interesting none the less!

4) Nope..no vacations until I get working again.

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
1) Corn Feed 4 (I'd ask for my car to be put in a plane and be taken with me. Someone else is paying, right?;) ) or where ever the 40th Mustang Anniversary party is gonna be held at (so I dont know where's going to be held, sue me! :p )

2) MP3 Stereo for home. You can fit about 300 songs in one CD-R!

3) Bob, Dodgestang, or Cloney. But then again, any other VMFer would be fine too.

4) No $$$ = No Vacations. But, my punk-a$$ brother's going to Florida this coming week. :: GO AFTER HIM MIDLIFE! GIVE HIM THE CURSE!!! :: :D :p

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
1) Gumball 3000

2) Non car gadgets exist? I guess it would have to be my new cell phone...finally replaced my 5 year old brick cell phone.

3) Call me crazy...but midlife...I just can't get enough of him. He keeps me entertained. But then again, I'd be afraid that plane would crash because gaskets were on backwards.

4) No time this summer unfortunately.

Slade

1 - 20 of 35 Posts