Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have seen a lot of questions about stripes on car .yes i did customize them anyone wants dimensions will be glad to send em to ya and i did make template if anyone needs help in building a clone .regards bartman 68 [email protected]

·
Premium Member
7,773 Posts
What in the world are you talking about and why did you feel the need to post it in multiple forums?

-bob

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Bob,

I would like to know the same thing....

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
stripes i did on car are unique . when you do a car like b-j people just want to beat ya up .i have done countless coupes into ragtops and fastbacks .i have been there to any degree. mustangs are the greatest car of all time and in my opinion to be enjoyed and have fun with . We are mustang people and its what we do . cant get much better than that !

·
Administrator
19,497 Posts
Well, that certainly cleared things up, not. How about a picture so we know what the heck you're talking about? :naive:

·
Premium Member
7,773 Posts
Let me see if I can try to communicate here:

we don't know on car you talk . if you did a car like b-j people just want to beat you up if you post and and make no sense .tell us what car you did and show pics . otherwise we just think you crazy person talking out their arse !

There, hopefully he'll understand that. :D

-bob

·
Registered
171 Posts
My computer must be screwed up. Am I missing some posts??? ::

·
Administrator
13,017 Posts
Let me see if I can try to communicate here:
we don't know on car you talk . if you did a car like b-j people just want to beat you up if you post and and make no sense .tell us what car you did and show pics . otherwise we just think you crazy person talking out their arse !
There, hopefully he'll understand that. :D
-bob
Couldn't have said it better! :lol:
Stan

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
right on i did car that went for 475000 .68.5 cobra jet . black . I am weak on computer and do have pics .how do i get them to you .?

·
Premium Member
7,773 Posts
Congratulations on doing what by the accounts I've heard is a great car. Someone was on here the other day lobbying for you as well and posting like crazy about it.

We have a photo gallery feature on the forum, but if you're not savvy it's probably not going to be easy to use. Don't worry though, we can see the pics on the Barrett-Jackson site.

Stay involved with the site, probably not many folks here who are candidates for your services as this group tends to be a bunch of do-it-yourselfers. But, we'd love to have your takes now and again.

-bob

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
it was 68.5 cobra jet car black .70 g code will be threading pics for me tomorrow thanks car went for 475000. i was there and seen a 65 shelby white on blue i think was just as nice

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
it was the 68.5 black cobra jet that sold for 475000 . it was also his second worlds record breaker .the first was the 67 shelby that sold for 280000 .regards

·
Registered
1,654 Posts
wow, some of the "old-timers" here remember me - I haven't posted in a LONG time, but this particular thread caught my eye. A LOT has been discussed about the 475k 68 428 R-code, notably at the 428CJ Registry and the Boss Registry. This was a sampling....

Hemi-Hunter

I talked to the tomato farmers at the Columbus swap meet in Nov. 2005. They showed me pictures of the 68.5 and said they were the same guys who found a collector (sucker) to buy the black 67 GT 500 that was Hubert Platts street car for $280,000 the year before. They never once said anything about the car being anything other than a 68.5 R car restomod. Nothing about Foulger Ford race heritage, no Hemi Hunter nickname. They said Craig Jackson loved to hype the fact that these tomato farmers find these rare cars, and asked them back so they built the 68.5. They even said they have a Boss 429 in the works for next year.
Story sounded believable to me. After all the 67 GT 500 had a Carroll Shelby authorized aluminum 427 installed not at the old factory in Ca. but in Shelbys current shop in Vegas. Since when did a drag racers personal street car with no racing heritage warrant any extra money anyway. I love Carroll to death but if you donate enough to his heart fund (a very worthy cause) he will authorize and document anything you ask him to. I think Craig Jackson has taken the best from P.T. Barnum and the worst from Vince McMahon (WWF wrestling) and is making a killing. The real car guys will see through the B.S. but the show will go on just like wrestling. How many years before large breasted bidders are hitting each other over the head with chairs?

Are YOU one of the infamous "tomato farmers"??????

randy

·
Registered
1,620 Posts

·
Registered
5,196 Posts
What in the world are you talking about
OK, I THINK I've figured out what this is about... :wall:

In this thread there's some discussion about the BJ car, and the stripes. Looks like this thread is somehow supposed to be a response to that. :paranoid: :naive:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts