Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Earliest known FB has a 01H date, so yours was built a month later. Yours is an early FB.

·
Registered
67 Fastback T5 331 TCI Frt End, Canted 4 link rear susp
1,491 Posts
I mean no disrespect, just curious, how you came to own a museum quality car for 11 years without having this type of information about it? You have an interesting garage...welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I mean no disrespect, just curious, how you came to own a museum quality car for 11 years without having this type of information about it? You have an interesting garage...welcome to the forum.
The museum went bankrupt and all the cars were sold at auction. This car I purchased cheap and has sat in my fathers garage only to be started occasionally. After years building my own house and an understanding wife with young children I’m spending a bit of time on it.

·
Registered
67 Fastback T5 331 TCI Frt End, Canted 4 link rear susp
1,491 Posts
The museum went bankrupt and all the cars were sold at auction. This car I purchased cheap and has sat in my fathers garage only to be started occasionally. After years building my own house and an understanding wife with young children I’m spending a bit of time on it.
Makes perfect sense...look forward to seeing more of the car!

·
Registered
5,924 Posts
According to the data plate, looks like September 8, 1964. Very nice car!

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: rpm

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Land vehicle

Car Vehicle registration plate Grille Vehicle Automotive tire

Font Material property Wood Art Event

Hood Vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Plant Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive lighting
This is my other fastback from when I found it till present day in paint… A little way to go but hopefully on the road this summer.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Great looking Mustang. I'm in the process of restoring a Sept-build fastback too.

Reactions: mattyk

·
Registered
1965 Mustang Fastback 289-2V, 3-Speed M/T
302 Posts
Welcome to the VMF...those are some beautiful cars! Looks like you found your answer as well about the red one being an early Mustang. Like @RandyA , I am also curious about that Military vehicle parked next to the Red Mustang...what do you have there?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Welcome to the VMF...those are some beautiful cars! Looks like you found your answer as well about the red one being an early Mustang. Like @RandyA , I am also curious about that Military vehicle parked next to the Red Mustang...what do you have there?
The gpw is my fathers. He has had this for 49 years and paid £100. It’s 90% original and has had 2x restorations on it. Original ford block with lots of ‘f’ marked parts.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts